What a bunch of tossers?

(RIP) pastyman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well I got back to sunny Cornwall this afternoon after a Hairy/frustrating /knackering and fantastic weekend.
Was driving up on friday towing the g/s which I was delivering to its new owner who was going to collect it from Si's. Just north of Bristol the drivers window smashed. Dont know why, just bang and it was gone, carried on ok till I got into Kidderminster when the car just lost all power though the engine would tick over fine. AA tried and failed to fix it so arranged recovery to Broseley(after I upgraded to recovery). On the way with the car on the back and towing the trailer with the bike on it, we managed to burst the tyre. Fortunately I had a spare so eventually made it to the king and thai. Si had put aside a lovely plate of Surees best and when I was outside of that and a pint of Proffs cider, I was right as ninepence. had a great weekend much of it already described on other threads but I also got to see My grandson Rossie race his minimoto, Absolutely brill.
What impressed me most though, apart from Phill and the band was rhe help I recieved with my problems. Dan who carted me round and found me a new egr valveand then a new tyre for the trailer Phill who found me a window in a scrappy for £15 and then drove over from Stoke to fit it on Sunday. A special big thanks too ,to KTM Mark who diagnosed the problem and then fitted the new valve on the Sunday morning( in the blizard) before going home.Would'nt be paid either. Have to say he must have done a good job , the car has never run better.
So for anyone looking in, this bunch of tossers are gems. What a great mixture of blokes and girls, All sorts but always reliable and supportive.
I would also add my thanks to Si and Surree and all the rest of attendees who made the do so special. :thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb

Should have called me out...I do all sorts of cheap, on the spot, repairs !!:thumb2

Sounded a good bash...I'm saving myself for the Dragon this weekend :bounce1

Attachments

• fixed it.jpg
    fixed it.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 408
Thank Kenny, looks like a real good professional job. :thumb

Is that before or after you knicked it, Scottie road rammer?:hide

Looks like you had an eventful weekend Tony, good that it all turned out ok in the end and I'm sure its no more than you would have done for others :thumb.

Back
Top Bottom