Agoudal-Dades (piste status)

jdivision

Reaction score
Hi all,

Can anyone give me some up to date info about track conditions between Agoudal and Dádes Gorges?

I’m going to pass there in a few days with 7 bikes, part of the guys with limited off-road experience and would be nice to know in advance any potential problems.

Last year (also in February) I did the Agoudal-Todra track with no trouble at all, nice weather (cold though) and almost without any snow. I’m assuming that the Agougal-Dades track is similar to this one, right?

Tanks :)

No, it's quite different and climbs higher over the Tizi-n-Ouano which can catch the snow.
This was early december 2008.

I've also had an 'interesting' ride up there when much of the piste lower down was washed away.

Definately worth giving it a go though:thumb
756289998_an34w-XL.jpg

111872973_7CDNH-XL.jpg

I'm back from Morocco. Great trip, not so good weather like last year though...

I didn’t use the Agoudal - Dádes Gorges piste due to snow and mud in the high pass, i use the Agoudal - Todra instead, and i didn't know that it is almost completely asphalted now!

Marrocos2010_238_low.jpg

Last year it was a relatively easy piste with several (very) small rivers to cross...

marrocos2009_low.jpg

The view is still beautiful though! :D

I'm back from Morocco. Great trip, not so good weather like last year though...

I didn’t use the Agoudal - Dádes Gorges piste due to snow and mud in the high pass, i use the Agoudal - Todra instead, and i didn't know that it is almost completely asphalted now!

Marrocos2010_238_low.jpg

Last year it was a relatively easy piste with several (very) small rivers to cross...

marrocos2009_low.jpg

The view is still beautiful though! :D
Hi,
Would love to see the details of the trip. I've just booked the ferry to Bilbao to ride down next September. Tips etc appreciated.
Rough plan.
Gara Medouar.
Tizi n' Test.
Plage Blanche.
Dakhla.
And further down to St Louis Senegal if possible.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My thoughts on that are that it’s very different from the Todra run and if you are taking several not too experienced bikers up there and anything goes wrong you will be in bother.....if it’s bad weather and gets worse when halfway you will struggle with ...I wouldn’t want to be responsible for others.....

Hi all,

Can anyone give me some up to date info about track conditions between Agoudal and Dádes Gorges?

I’m going to pass there in a few days with 7 bikes, part of the guys with limited off-road experience and would be nice to know in advance any potential problems.

Last year (also in February) I did the Agoudal-Todra track with no trouble at all, nice weather (cold though) and almost without any snow. I’m assuming that the Agougal-Dades track is similar to this one, right?

Tanks :)

Nice ride in decent weather.....

Attachments

• 85AC3893-39FD-4F21-93A3-FEBC0BD73527.jpeg
    85AC3893-39FD-4F21-93A3-FEBC0BD73527.jpeg
    42.4 KB · Views: 185
Until 2022 the R704 was asphalt only from Boumalne du Dades as far as about 20km north of M'semrir. At that time, Peter Buitelaar posted photographs of the engineering work being carried out on this route, that incorporates one of Morocco's highest passes, the 2960m Tizi n'Ouano.

Peter Buitelaar is a very experienced 4x4 adventurer who has lived in Morocco for several decades and regularly runs 4x4 and motorbike tours visiting parts of the country rarely visited as you can see from his Facebook posts, https://www.facebook.com/peter.buitelaar.1

The work has since progressed and if coming from the north, the initial section climbing from Agoudal to the Tizi has been reengineered and asphalted, but not the descent the other side.

The top of the pass has been worked on and is being widened, so it might very well be in for asphalting as well, possibly all the way to the end of the existing tarmac.

The video is from early 2023. Start from 11:11.

Back
Top Bottom