Bike Insurance

Colban

Reaction score
I'm looking around for the bike insurance when in the US deals.
Not having insured a vehicle over there in the past,i'm not sure of what to look for in the level/type of cover that is reasonably required.
What exactly is needed?.
I've asked for an online quote from WWW.motorcycleexpess.com with a guess about deductables and $ limits,but i would like to hear a 2nd opinion.

I've booked the Temporary Insurance Program, Passport to Ride
I thought it was confusing too so I have taken the maximum values and the quote was $300 + $60 dollars admin or something charge.

Also taken the roadside recovery plan $39 (1200 GSA insurance plan) :augie

Hope that helps.

Might help...

Ok guys im a squaddy posted over here to the states so I've had to insure and sort stuff out like roadside n stuff.
I'm living in Falls Church VA. if you need more info PM me.

Help and assitance:

BMWMOA (nationwide owners assotiation good guys to help you out in a bind!)
www.bmwmoa.org

AAA (American AA) will give you maps touring advice. free petrol if you run out and offer a tow service.
www.aaa.com/PPInternational/International.html

A tow service here is about $125 for pick up then $2/3 per mile towed. So get covered!!

They do not do roadside repairs.

for insurance google the following major companies.

All State

Geico (they cover my car get a good rate coz i is military).

Progressive (cover my bike really really good!)

hope this is usefull.

I'm looking around for the bike insurance when in the US deals.
Not having insured a vehicle over there in the past,i'm not sure of what to look for in the level/type of cover that is reasonably required.
What exactly is needed?.
I've asked for an online quote from WWW.motorcycleexpess.com with a guess about deductables and $ limits,but i would like to hear a 2nd opinion.

Col

Motorcycle express is just about the best I could find. I always use them with no problems:thumb

Don't forget the $30 refund if we all use them:augie

Chris,i will probably go with the above,its just working out the optimal cover levels.Do we NEED max of everything and is it wise to get the breakdown/roadside recovery cover?.

Chris,i will probably go with the above,its just working out the optimal cover levels.Do we NEED max of everything and is it wise to get the breakdown/roadside recovery cover?.

Ypu don't need max on the cover but my advice is get the best you can afford as the US is as litigeous as hell.

Make sure you get the insurance against uninsured drivers as there are plenty of the feckers out there especially in some of teh backwaters we will be going through:augie

I've never used the roadside recovery but it seems good value for $37 and if they are offering it, it will be a good service.

right I'm confused..............:blast

I followed the Insurance in the USA option and am waiting for a quote, I'll take on the roadside assistance bit as well, no harm done for the prices quoted

so if I understand it right, my bike will be insured (including the bit if I run into a school bus and someone needs to claim against me) and for breakdown

Am I covered though if an uninsured driver hits me though....:duno .......

Because I'm tired, if I get my holiday insurance, that'll cover the hospital, medical repatriation bit, so no need to buy any of the other insurances offered.....someone help.....there's too much detail for me......:p

right I'm confused..............:blast

I followed the Insurance in the USA option and am waiting for a quote, I'll take on the roadside assistance bit as well, no harm done for the prices quoted

so if I understand it right, my bike will be insured (including the bit if I run into a school bus and someone needs to claim against me) and for breakdown

Because I'm tired, if I get my holiday insurance, that'll cover the hospital, medical repatriation bit, so no need to buy any of the other insurances offered.....someone help.....there's too much detail for me......:p

Oh god...
I have not even started to look at insurance and i'm confused....:confused::eek:
I think i will ring them and sort it....:confused:
That is if i get the time thing right.. 6 hours behind i think..:rolleyes:
:rob
This computer thing will never catch on...:augie
:type

US insurance is complex but basically, you will be covered against non insured drivers as there loads of them out there:blast

The bike insurance does offer a good deal of personal insurance in the event of a nasty one but you still need your own insurance to back it up. You can never get enough cover out there;)

right I think I've cracked the insurance thing courtesy of the very patient Jasmine....:p

just got my own 'medical insurance' to sort out now.....:type

3 months to go.....:eek: .................:clap ................:flag

I faxed and e-mailed the proposal forms off to Cynthia yesterday morning, but have heard nothing back yet. :nenau :(

Back
Top Bottom