Tossers-in-the-Tejeda III - 2nd-9th October 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started bike prep last weekend

Fitted steering damper

removed tyres and mousses

You thought fitting mousses was difficult

Just wait til you try removing the basteeeerds.

Fitting the tyres and new type of sectional mousse this weekend

IMG_0579-1.jpg

• Put an hour's running on the bike
  • Changed oil and filter
  • Put tax disc on!
  • Fitted new Optimate plug (in moved location) to replace item I ripped off with boot buckle
  • Still waiting on damper mount ...
  • Will fit GPS power lead when bar position is finalised

Greg

IMG_0579-1.jpg

• Put an hour's running on the bike
  • Changed oil and filter
  • Put tax disc on!
  • Fitted new Optimate plug (in moved location) to replace item I ripped off with boot buckle
  • Still waiting on damper mount ...
  • Will fit GPS power lead when bar position is finalised

Greg

Where are you going to fit the spare battery and the tow rope ?

Where are you going to fit the spare battery and the tow rope ?

Ha!

What you don't know is that I've now identified the root cause of that little episode - all because the fan switch on my old bike is set to turn on at 80°C - pretty mcuh the regular running temperature of the engine - so the fan is on all the time and flattens the battery.

On the new bike the fan doesn't turn on until 100°C and the ECU turns the fan off shortly after the engine is stopped.

Mr Timolgra who is taking his FE550 (like my FE450 from last year) is now crapping himself that the same fate will befall him!

I had a panicked text from the old boy on Saturday asking me to source a 100°C switch for him ....

:D

Greg

IMG_0567.jpg

The following posts were moved from the Sout-East forum

Unusually, it seems that none of the regulars are going this month.

Personally, I could do with a quiet night in :augie so if you're planning on turning up tonight, you may be on your Jack.

See you all next month (14th October) when Bakerlonglegs will regale you all with tales of how he took on the Tejeda's infamous Stone Flume and possibly won (??).

Greg

IMG_0275-1.jpg

Dave Emsley on The Stone Flume

Unusually, it seems that none of the regulars are going this month.

Personally, I could do with a quiet night in :augie so if you're planning on turning up tonight, you may be on your Jack.

See you all next month (14th October) when Bakerlonglegs will regale you all with tales of how he took on the Tejeda's infamous Stone Flume and possibly won (??).

Greg

IMG_0275-1.jpg

Dave Emsley on The Stone Flume

It looks so easy from that angle

I agree. But it's certainly in my top-5 of fecking hard trails!

:eek:

Errrrr, I might be busy that day, changing the air in my tyres..... :augie

(league, out of, mine.....)

:hide

Another one of my top-5 fecking hard trails is the Monastry Ascent - it's about half a mile from Stone Flume. Only four of us got up it last year (out of eleven)!

All the rides are achievable if you take your time, probably with the exception of the monastry, but thats one where you can sit in the sun for half an hour and watch greg get up there on his 10th attempt :D

I didnt attempt it last year, but I will this year.

Any difficult bits that you dont want to do there will always be someone on hand to ride your bike over it. :thumb

All the rides are achievable if you take your time, probably with the exception of the monastry, but thats one where you can sit in the sun for half an hour and watch greg get up there on his 10th attempt :D

I didnt attempt it last year, but I will this year.

I got up there on my DR-Z two years ago!

:dabone

IMG_0896.jpg

The 'Monastry'

I took my 'Berg out for its first proper run yesterday. A couple of us did 115 miles of Kent's finest trails.

I discovered two things about my new bike:

1. The full-to-empty tank range is just 79 miles :eek:
  2. The low fuel warning light doesn't work! :blast

I should be OK in Spain - just! However, I've ordered a tank from 70 Degree Racing but there is no way I'll have it before Spain.

:(

Greg

Feck im falling behind with my prep

fitted new tyres and mooooses on sunday, now have the bruised knuckles and two broken tyre levers to prove it. Thos mitas tyres are real feckers to get on.

Finally my Scotts damper mount has arrived from the US and is now installed on the bike.

Apart from the low-fuel light not working (I'll have another go at the weekend), my bike is now ready to go.

As bags have to go at the same time as the bike, I had better start prepping my kit!

Greg

Right then, bike's prepped. Wheels went back on last night with new tyres (cheers for the advice Dave :thumb2 ), oil and filter was changed last weekend, tailpack is on filled with tools and changing-inner-tube kit. So it's as ready as it'll ever be (more ready than the fecking rider, that's for sure :eek ).

Monster kit bag is packed as well. (Reason for being so ridiculously early: I'm off on hols with SWMBO tomorrow for a week, get back very late at night next Saturday, the day before bikes and kit have to go on the wagon - I need to pick up and run Sunday morning!). Probably got far too much stuff, but hey ho.

I'll be away from the 'net and email next week - any changes to plans, please drop me a text, ta :thumb2

bike prep

The wr450 lay in the garage caked in mud still from the last enduro. Must make an effort to get on with it, service tyres and a clean and ready to go. will we need more than 80 mile range for the day as I have big tank ? but can I be arsed to fit it, do we need a tanker with us ?????:augie:augie:augie

The wr450 lay in the garage caked in mud still from the last enduro. Must make an effort to get on with it, service tyres and a clean and ready to go. will we need more than 80 mile range for the day as I have big tank ? but can I be arsed to fit it, do we need a tanker with us ?????:augie:augie:augie

I'll make sure that 80 miles is an adequate range.

I took my 'Berg out for its first proper ride last weekend and ran out of fuel at 79 miles. I have an auxilliary tank on order but it won't arrive until well after our Spanish trip.

Greg

My final prep suffered a major setback today - but it's nothing that a new wiring loom won't fix. Maybe the fault that frazzled the wiring was also responsible for the low-fuel light not working.

Anyway, it's now at the menders and I'm cashing in on Husaberg's generous 30-day warranty!

:blast

Greg

tosser

Well just fitted the tyres serviced, even had a blown bulb but a wiring loom on a new bike . hope the 30 days last till we get back. I want to go now ,cant wait till the 2nd hurry up. are we nearly there yet????:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well, I've just come back from Malta (sea kayaking) and San Francisco (work) and my tyres aren't here:eek, plus the replacement battery for Dr Jm's new Scorpa needs replacing, so we're not quite as ready as we'd hoped....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom