Calum's Road - A Ride Of Two Halves

Don't recall having read this at the time but it's 10 years ago & my mind ain't what it used to be :rob
Great report & pics Andres

Having been hit by a snow storm between the Todra & Dades gorges many years ago I felt all your pain :bow

Great read, thought I’d read most trips on here must have missed it 1st time round.

Great read, thought I’d read most trips on here must have missed it 1st time round.

Don't recall having read this at the time but it's 10 years ago & my mind ain't what it used to be :rob
Great report & pics Andres

Having been hit by a snow storm between the Todra & Dades gorges many years ago I felt all your pain :bow

Holy thread resurrection :eek:

Thank you gentlemen, appreciated, I've just re-read it all now, happy memories :)

And yeah Jockser, I know in theory you should expect snow in the high Atlas but somehow it just feels wrong doesn't it, I mean snow in Morocco? Really? ;)

Andres

Holy thread resurrection :eek:
You posted the link in Jay /Dr Farkhoffs thread :p

And yeah Jockser, I know in theory you should expect snow in the high Atlas but somehow it just feels wrong doesn't it, I mean snow in Morocco? Really? ;)
Quite. Especially as it was such a nice day down in Tinghir :rolleyes:

Somehow missed this this, Andres, first time round - really enjoyed it, so glad it resurfaced.

We went to Morocco at Easter in the ‘beast from the east’ year 2018. 2 weeks before we left, there were pictures of camels covered in snow in the Sahara :eek: luckily we avoided France but it was all snow through northern Spain as far as Caceres. It was cool and sunny with cold nights in Morocco but got nice and warm as we went south. The day we rode over the high atlas it was tipping 20 degrees in the morning. We went over from Dades gorge on some small road. The colours were, indeed, amazing and changed all the time - beautiful. By the time we got to the top it was snowing (we had to stop to put our heated gear on) and there’d been a landslide - luckily we picked our way through.

One of the best days riding ever.
:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom