a nice special I rode

Hi Alistair, great to see you here. there are plenty mods and nice bikes on this forum, I'm sure you will contribute lots of useful info/tips yourself. Just ignore the odd crap comment :comfort
Thanks for the ride on the bike the other day, I thought the geometry of the pegs/bars etc. was just perfect. I'm putting mine up for sale now as the duties and taxes to south africa are just to much, so she will have to stay in NZ for now :(
You were welcome, if you need any help or measurements etc just let me know. Sorry to hear the bike won't be going with you, maybe you could sneak the tank in!
Good luck.

Congratulations on the bike Alistair, I was following your build on ADV. Great bikes mate, I certainly love mine :D :D

Thanks, yours looks sorted, I guess you have to ride them to know it's all worth the effort!

Nice bike

Thats exactly the bike I want just need to figure out where the dosh is gonna come from. Cant sell my GSA as I need it to get Morocco in October...

The gear change is around 2" higher than the footrest, must make down changes a bit slow. Brake is similarly inaccessible, and the state of the white paint on the pedal confirms this - it looks untouched

And , give that an OAP like me has no problem scraping the pegs on my GSPD at the standard height the 2" lower pegs must come into play real early.

Looks like a 45 liter tank , and given that the difference between full and getting empty is around 40 kg handling is going to depend very much on how much fuel is in the tank - it does with the 32 liter PD tank.

Getting the bach wheel off is going to be a problem too, with the silencer in that position.

No trace of mud anywhere so one wonders why it has off road tires on it.

Looks a bit of a wankers tool to me.

Happy Christmas to you too!

Getting the pegs down, on a GS? No thank you. I don't have chicken strips on my tyres.. I have turkey strips. What is all this bravado about? I thought this was a friendly place.

To all that have posted since post no 23 above - you do realise this is a zombie thread, last posted to nearly decade ago !?

To all that have posted since post no 23 above - you do realise this is a zombie thread, last posted to nearly decade ago !?

Aw, spoilsport!
I was going to suggest waiting till April to let them know its a decade ago.........

Back
Top Bottom