Spouts Trail Ride

Spout

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I shall be leading one of the trail rides on the Saturday.

Due to recent police etc attention in the area the idea is to keep groups small (6-8 riders?). (Final numbers and groups to be decided later.)

I would like my group to be GS only, so that no riders feel intimidated by more dirt orientated machinery within the group. ;)

My route will be as last years – average going, with a few tricky bits thrown in, but probably not suitable for beginners. As ever, the state of the trails will be weather dependant. No one will be left behind and the pace will be “easy”.

Please have enough fuel for 120 miles (before we set off :blast). There’ll be a chance to stock up on water and food after a few miles, but I’m not planning on a pub/café lunch stop (might change if weather bad).

Pop your name (and bike you'll be riding) down if you're interested (final groups will be decided later when we know who's coming etc).

Looking forward to it……………….

PS I shall be checking the route sometime in the next few weeks, and will post here if anyone wants to join me

Subject to work (as ever). I will be there on the HP if its allowed.:)

Hi Spout

Loved your ride out last year so would you put me (1200 gsa) down for your group and also Barry G (1200 Gsa) who is coming up from the SW with us.
cheers
brett
ps. Nina's doing a road ride this year. don't know why? :augie

Nina's doing a road ride this year. don't know why? :augie

After.jpg

:D

So that's:

Spout HP2
Gary HP2
Brett 1200GSA
Barry 1200GSA

all 1200's so far :augie

Will you be on the 100 Karl?

If so my ride should be perfect for you.

I shall be checking the route sometime in the next few weeks, and will post here if anyone wants to join me

How does Sunday 18th sound for the recce?

Meeting at the start of the first trail (a mile or two east of Llangollen on the A5. Grid ref 258410) at 9.30am.

PM me (or post here if you aint paid yer subs) so I know who to expect.

(Recce not restricted to Spouts Ride group)

:thumb

How does Sunday 18th sound for the recce?

Meeting at the start of the first trail (a mile or two east of Llangollen on the A5. Grid ref 258410) at 9.30am.

PM me (or post here if you aint paid yer subs) so I know who to expect.

(Recce not restricted to Spouts Ride group)

:thumb

Is there room for Timolgra and me on your recce been a while since we met up :thumb2

So we've got a splash and a spout - looks like it's going to be wet:D

And yes, XCs welcome.

Quick recap:

Spout HP2
Gary HP2
Brett 1200
Barry 1200
Karl 100
Splash 1150
Sgt Bilco 1100
There'll be room for a couple more :thumb

We'll set off 9.30 ish, route is only 90 miles, so we should be back before 5pm :D
There's a couple of shops on route, but no petrol (I don't think there's petrol in Llangollen :eek:), so make sure you have enough :thumb

Recent rain has only been lightish (for Wales :rolleyes:), so I'm not expecting a complete wash out, but some of the puddles might be nice and deep :D and of course the lanes will be extra slippy.

Should be a good 'un :thumb

Going to have to pass on this year guys, spent so much time working I need to allocate this weekend to the long haired Sgt Major.
Have a good one and please dont all of you boycott the weekend just because I`m not there:D

Ride safe you crazy cats.

What time do we start and where do we meet? I need to get this info into the tardis or I'll find myself wasting another day fighting darleks.

Back
Top Bottom