Saturday Offroad Ride

petcul

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Recce done on a perfect day which means it will only get worse:eek:

This is to give those interested an idea of what the trails are like. Nothing too technical. Lots of trails, a few ruts, could be muddy, some loose stones and rocks.

Bikes and tyres used on the recce:
Yamaha WR250 Offroad tyres
BMW 450 Ditto
1200 Adventure TKC 80s
1200 Tourances :bow
1150 Tourances :bow

and the pictures tell the tale

Attachments

• DSCN0875.jpg
    DSCN0875.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 314
  • DSCN0876.jpg
    DSCN0876.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 322
  • DSCN0877.jpg
    DSCN0877.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 313
  • DSCN0879.jpg
    DSCN0879.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 319
  • DSCN0882.jpg
    DSCN0882.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 314
Saturday Offroad Ride 2

Continued...

Oooops

Attachments

• DSCN0881.jpg
    DSCN0881.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 313
  • DSCN0886.jpg
    DSCN0886.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 286
  • DSCN0888.jpg
    DSCN0888.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 292
  • DSCN0890.jpg
    DSCN0890.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 304
  • DSCN0893.jpg
    DSCN0893.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 307
Saturday Offroad Ride 3

Continued...

Attachments

• DSCN0896.jpg
    DSCN0896.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 309
  • DSCN0897.jpg
    DSCN0897.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 305
  • DSCN0900.jpg
    DSCN0900.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 299
  • DSCN0901.jpg
    DSCN0901.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 296
  • DSCN0903.jpg
    DSCN0903.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 299
Saturday Offroad Ride 4

Continued

Attachments

• DSCN0903.jpg
    DSCN0903.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 295
  • DSCN0907.jpg
    DSCN0907.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 299
  • DSCN0871.jpg
    DSCN0871.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 293
  • DSCN0867.jpg
    DSCN0867.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 291
someone lend me a crosser....... :drool

kielder beat the shoite oota me bike :blast

can ya buy 17 inch knobblies

I thought the offroad ride was going to be experts only? Are those photos representative of the whole of the offroad route planned for the Saturday?

If so, I'm game to give that a try on an F800GS, and I'm no expert. :D:D (Wouldn't want to try it on a 1200GSA though.) :augie

I thought the offroad ride was going to be experts only? Are those photos representative of the whole of the offroad route planned for the Saturday?

If so, I'm game to give that a try on an F800GS, and I'm no expert. :D:D (Wouldn't want to try it on a 1200GSA though.) :augie

With me leading it the word expert doesn't come into it. The only reason I'm bringing others with me is to help me pick up my WR250:augie

The pictures are representative of the ride.

As they say you pays your money and takes your chances but we will try to help pick up bikes and drag people out of holes:aidan

With me leading it the word expert doesn't come into it. The only reason I'm bringing others with me is to help me pick up my WR250:augie

As they say you pays your money and takes your chances but we will try to help pick up bikes and drag people out of holes:aidan

Can't wait. TKCs need a proper workout. :D

(and hope the photos are also representative of the weather)

Can't wait. TKCs need a proper workout. :D

(and hope the photos are also representative of the weather)

No. Any resemblance the ride weather will have to the images will be purely coincidental. All my reccies are in brilliant weather the actual rides tend to be in sleet driven by gales:eek:

No. Any resemblance the ride weather will have to the images will be purely coincidental. All my reccies are in brilliant weather the actual rides tend to be in sleet driven by gales:eek:

Up our way we used to dream of weather as good as that, etc... :D

is that the rocky climb at the start of st isaac tea trail?

i went up there and it was (for me) a nightmare!

where is the best source of info on where these routes are, my OS maps are good but cant beat local info!

is that the rocky climb at the start of st isaac tea trail?

i went up there and it was (for me) a nightmare!

where is the best source of info on where these routes are, my OS maps are good but cant beat local info!

The rocky climb is crosses the Alston - Hexham road just outside Alston from SW of Moscow, past Clargillhead, over Ouston and Mohope Fells and down to the rocky descent near Keirsleywell Row.

Info gleaned from OS maps, Northumberland and Cumbria Country Councils definitive maps.

Aye thats St Isaacs tea trail.
I managed the climb at Keirsleywell Row, off the 90 degree bend on the tarmac road, up all those boulders and sh1te. Stopped at the gate over the top where it levelled out, knew you coudl go a little further but the OS map was tellign me the BOAT ended just up the track... can you go all the way to the alston road on that one?? Hope so cos it looked great.

Then I got stuck on the way to Kielder in about 2 feet of muddy rut. Doh.

How often do you guys go out that way etc?:thumb2

QUOTE=Michael R1150GS Adventure;2305503]Aye thats St Isaacs tea trail.
I managed the climb at Keirsleywell Row, off the 90 degree bend on the tarmac road, up all those boulders and sh1te. Stopped at the gate over the top where it levelled out, knew you coudl go a little further but the OS map was tellign me the BOAT ended just up the track... can you go all the way to the alston road on that one?? Hope so cos it looked great.[/COLOR]

You can go all the way to the Hexham - Alston Road and then over the other side and down a short byway

Then I got stuck on the way to Kielder in about 2 feet of muddy rut. Doh.[/COLOR]

Dont we all:aidan

How often do you guys go out that way etc?:thumb2[/QUOTE[/COLOR]

Every now and then:augie

While most of the ride are easy trails there are a few lumpy bits so pogos desireable but if you fancy taking your pride and joy TKCs essential.

(The management take no responsibility for dings, scrapes and bent bars)

While most of the ride are easy trails there are a few lumpy bits so pogos desireable but if you fancy taking your pride and joy TKCs essential.

(The management take no responsibility for dings, scrapes and bent bars)

I only have the one bike and won't be adding to the stable in the foreseeable future. TKCs already fitted though. I'll just have to wait and see just how lumpy those bits are... :D

Back
Top Bottom