Personal/Medical Insurance.

Colban

Reaction score
Has everyone got theirs sorted out yet?.
Because of policy restictions on riding bikes over 125cc and a pre-existing medical condition,the choices for me are pretty limited.
I've asked the fragrant Jasmine at MCE for a quote which seems to cover just the medical part of what i think of as "travel insurance".
Thats fine for me but i'm wondering if i'll be missing out on any vital cover.Anyone else using MCE or have any comments?.

I guess everyones's got their travel insurance sorted out then.
I've got a quote from the Post Office for about £95 for an annual policy with a 14 day extension on their usual 30 day period.I believe this covers riding large capacity bikes (there's a lot that only cover you up to 125cc),but would be interested to hear of any better deals.

I'm not sorted yet either Colban and would also be interested in what cover is available and at what cost.

Col

£95 sounds a good deal to me but please double check that they will cover large capacity bikes and they cover the US.

I've got some mates from Spain who are using http://www.atlasamerica.net/ and have said the cover and price is good but their trip is for around 3 months.

HC Travel also do a competative insurance which is bike specific for £101 here http://www.hctravel.com/html/travel_insurance.html

I guess everyones's got their travel insurance sorted out then.
I've got a quote from the Post Office for about £95 for an annual policy with a 14 day extension on their usual 30 day period.I believe this covers riding large capacity bikes (there's a lot that only cover you up to 125cc),but would be interested to hear of any better deals.

:thumb
I got this last year for spain with 14 day ext. Also with worldwide cover and extreme sport cover was best around i thought...:bounce1
It does cover big bikes..
:rob

I've used Direct Travel in the past.....just checking that they will cover me on my bike in the States.....:thumb

I saw a recommendation of them here on the site and was checking out their website last night. Did you ring them to check that they will cover you riding the bike Paul? I think I'll give them a ring this evening.

:thumb
I got this last year for spain with 14 day ext. Also with worldwide cover and extreme sport cover was best around i thought...:bounce1
It does cover big bikes..
:rob

Cheers feller,just what i needed to know.:thumb
It looks like HC travel want £166 for up to 2 months cover.
I've just spent a frustrating time trying to get through to the PO insurance call centre to ask questions;but i'll save the ranting over that for another time.

I've used Direct Travel in the past.....just checking that they will cover me on my bike in the States.....:thumb

https://www.direct-travel.co.uk/Quo...cEVHQ0t6OWF5ZG9qdzFTYWs1b3IzVXVHNzlHWFR3PT01#

Just spoken to Mathew at Direct Travel,he did say that large CC bikes were covered and it appears that an Annual policy with extension works out cheaper than a single trip policy;although there are a few lower compensation limits with the annual.Just need to compare their quote with the PO one.

Just spoken to Mathew at Direct Travel,he did say that large CC bikes were covered and it appears that an Annual policy with extension works out cheaper than a single trip policy;although there are a few lower compensation limits with the annual.Just need to compare their quote with the PO one.

excellent, I'll be on the case for this in a week's time when I get paid, I've used them in the past, easy service to buy, never had to claim and I suppose that's where you really see the 'white's of their eyes'....:D

good to hear how you get on.....:thumb

Managed to get through to the PO,naturally the phone quote is totally different to the online quote.Tried to shaft me for an extra 100+ quid for a medical condition.If i didn't have high blood pressure before i encountered their bloody call centre,i certainly would have now.
Finally went for the Direct Travel quote of £88.37 which covers the med thing and riding the GS in the US.

Managed to get through to the PO,naturally the phone quote is totally different to the online quote.Tried to shaft me for an extra 100+ quid for a medical condition.If i didn't have high blood pressure before i encountered their bloody call centre,i certainly would have now.
Finally went for the Direct Travel quote of £88.37 which covers the med thing and riding the GS in the US.

superb.....:clap

Some insurers don't worry about hypertension - as far as risk is concerned, someone who has their blood pressure diagnosed and controlled by medication is a much lower risk than any of the millions of people wandering around completely oblivious that they are hypertensive.

I get "free" insurance with my Alliance & Leicester bank account, underwritten by Fortis. When I contacted them to declare my hypertension they said I would have full cover at no extra premium as it is controlled by medication.

Back
Top Bottom