Post your weather forecast for the weekend here

It will be cold and will piss down..... there, you have it and its statistically proven to be correct taking into account the last 50 years weather in the UK:augie

20c and sunny with a light southerly wind :augie

If you can see the other side of the valley its going to rain, if you cannot see the other side of the valley it already is :thumb2

Stewart

One advantage of staying in the hotel over a tent is that you get some chance of drying stuff off. Looks damned parky for May too, might need to sort out some way of running my heated jacket without the canbus turning it off every few miles.

Im considering changing my plans given the weather, you tend to miss out on so much fun staying in a warm dry bed with an on suite and actual dry carpet on the floor. Plus you miss out on carting all the camping paraphernalia around. Who needs a bar downstairs when you can have sheep shit for stepping stones across the mud. :bounce1

Im considering changing my plans given the weather, you tend to miss out on so much fun staying in a warm dry bed with an on suite and actual dry carpet on the floor. Plus you miss out on carting all the camping paraphernalia around. Who needs a bar downstairs when you can have sheep shit for stepping stones across the mud. :bounce1

Have the best of both worlds: Cart all your camping gear down there .... and book into a room because you're feckin' soaked....

:blush

<iframe src="http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/3089/Next3DaysEmbed.xhtml?target=_parent" allowTransparency="true" width="306" height="435" frameborder="0">You must have a browser that supports iframes to view the BBC weather forecast</iframe>

Don't forget the unadulterated pleasure of cooking your breakfast on a single gas burner as the pure welsh rain dribbles down the back of your neck, and then sitting in your tent porch with your chin on your knees with a plastic plate full of deeply fried items, as the kettle takes 20 minutes to boil for a cup of tea. And the washing up of cutlery is an experience not to be missed.

All that ray mears back to nature stuff beats the hell out of the hotel experience of walking downstairs in your dressing gown and slippers (after a piping hot shower), sitting at a table with a fresh orange juice and a cup of tea while flicking through that days papers after perusing the breakfast menu. Like being in a noel coward play.
And putting your bike gear on in the warm hotel lobby before going out in the rain, phaa, thats for wimps.

Don't forget the unadulterated pleasure of cooking your breakfast on a single gas burner as the pure welsh rain dribbles down the back of your neck, and then sitting in your tent porch with your chin on your knees with a plastic plate full of deeply fried items, as the kettle takes 20 minutes to boil for a cup of tea. And the washing up of cutlery is an experience not to be missed.

All that ray mears back to nature stuff beats the hell out of the hotel experience of walking downstairs in your dressing gown and slippers (after a piping hot shower), sitting at a table with a fresh orange juice and a cup of tea while flicking through that days papers after perusing the breakfast menu. Like being in a noel coward play.
And putting your bike gear on in the warm hotel lobby before going out in the rain, phaa, thats for wimps.

Remember that this is at The Hand......

So, you'll wake up in a run down pokey room, with a luke warm shower, and back ache from a mattress that's almost as old as the hotel.

You'll have long walk down tired corridors and creaky staircases.

You'll have to pass through the bar, unsticking your feet from the carpet with every step.

Finally you've made it to the dining room where a helpful but hopeless Polish teenager will point you at limp tastlesss bacon and toast that went cold several hours earlier.....

Let's face it, it's hardly the Ritz.......

Still - It'll be great at my B&B :D

Is that the one run by the brother and sister who sleep in the same room, and own a dog which has the brownist arse in the world.

Make sure they wash their hands before cooking the breakfast. :D

Is that the one run by the brother and sister who sleep in the same room, and own a dog which has the brownist arse in the world.

Make sure they wash their hands before cooking the breakfast. :D

That picture is a Kodak moment......etched in my mind forever...perfect and priceless :D:thumb

Remember that this is at The Hand......

So, you'll wake up in a run down pokey room, with a luke warm shower, and back ache from a mattress that's almost as old as the hotel.

You'll have long walk down tired corridors and creaky staircases.

You'll have to pass through the bar, unsticking your feet from the carpet with every step.

Finally you've made it to the dining room where a helpful but hopeless Polish teenager will point you at limp tastlesss bacon and toast that went cold several hours earlier.....

Let's face it, it's hardly the Ritz.......

Ahhhh yes the B+B experience hardcore camping with a twist, 7 years of skin and hair under the bed, sheets crawling with mites and scabies washed in Febreze, spy-holes in the walls and ceiling, communal shower armpit high in black mould, car-boot bacon and eggs for brekky the bread with a 3 year shelflife, doilies on every surface, dining room come lounge come reception covered in cat and dog hairs, tasteful family photos on the sideboard, that boiled cabbage smell that lingers on the stairs. Your host stooped over wringing their hands with 6 nails in the front door so you can’t escape payment. Priceless.

Back
Top Bottom