Who has the highest mileage F800?

I had a worn out steering head bearing too (after 32K kms), but it wasn't replaced under warranty :confused:
I'll see if I can put this right (at the BMW garage in Meerhout (Belgium)) :D

I've got a set of Continental Trail Attack tires going for about 4500km now and they are fabulous!!! Good handling, softer ride, mighty grip on cobblestones and a superb grip on asphalt. Less grip on road markings in the wet (as usual).
I prefer them instead of Metzeler Tourance EXP.

I still enjoy the bike every day!

Well, the steering head bearing failure caused me to switch to another dealer. The one where I bought the bike in '08 (and a helmet AND two suits!!!!) told me he wouldn't even bother calling BMW because he was sure it was NOT covered by warranty :eek. So basically I was told to lay out the cash for a replacement or pi** off.

I took his advice and went to another dealership where they replaced it under warranty no questions asked.

G

A few days away down in Wales has put the mileage over 45,000 now :thumb

:beerjug:

200 000 km on F800GS

I got only 12 000 miles on my trip meter so nothing to be proud of ;)

However, prior to my purchase of F800GS, I came across a long distance test of F800GS that was about to be performed by Czech motorcycle journalist Jarda Sima. The aim was to cover 200 000 km. The guy went on the tested bike to Mongolia, Kazachstan, Portugal etc.
I have not been watching his progress for quite a while, but in this article from April this year, he mentions, that he had to unexpectedly stop the test for 6 month (because the motorcycle dealer who gave him the bike for testing went bancrupt). The guy bought off the the bike from the creditors and hit the road again.

http://www.automotorevue.cz/moto/testy/bmw-f800-gs-test-pokracuje.html

As I assume most of you dont speak czech, so just for your information he has now 80 000 km.

Vaclove,
Is this chap running a blog? or do you just wait for these article's?

Mickey, Looks like your 45k is taking the prize so far! :bounce1

Come on! some of you F800 girlies need to get out more. :D :rolleyes:

F650's nipping at your ankles soon :eek: :p

before you know it there will be a new thread "who has the highest mileage F 798cc GS" :toungincheek

:hide

p9250012.jpg

:bow
p9250016.jpg

18,700 on mine and have had a few problems, though all sorted under warranty: Clutch, wheelbearings and gear selector.

However, it's first 8500 were earned on a ride from Morocco to Cape town, followed by 4000 miles riding UK to Morocco and back. Remainder have been all on road, with 2500 added last month on a run down to Stelvio.

Bloody awesome bike and I love it to bits!

Not quite a high mileage report but----

My friend had his bike 800GS in to AJs Shipley for a bit of warranty work. He expressed a bit of interest in a new Anniversary GS800 so the salesman worked out the part ex,
1600 mile and 14 month old bike in good clean condition was worth- £3500 against a bike almost identical costing nearly £8000.

This devaluation is worse than the worst old Lada cars etc.

Our conclusion is Sod em, run this bike into the ground, do our own servicing after the warranty expires and buy an old trail bike or similar for winter running.

We cannot blame the dealers completely, you riders who clock up 500 to a 1000 miles per year and turn your noses up at those two year old high mileage bikes (over 2500 pa is considered high mileage) are to blame. The show rooms are full of very low mileage bikes. Im at 21000 now and have a bit of panel damage so my bike will be worth almost nothing.

Get out and ride. Its great fun in sunny summer but its also fun in winter with some lovely crisp days.

Not quite a high mileage report but----

Get out and ride. Its great fun in sunny summer but its also fun in winter with some lovely crisp days.

Totally agree ... just nudging 49,000 miles now and still looks like new :thumb

Off to Ireland on Thursday, eight days of nowt to do but ride'n enjoy :thumb

Totally agree ... just nudging 49,000 miles now and still looks like new :thumb

Off to Ireland on Thursday, eight days of nowt to do but ride'n enjoy :thumb
I'm off on the Friday AM ferry till Monday on a lower milage but dirtier version but I love it just the same!
(looking for a woman to match the bike only kidding if HWMBO is reading!)

I'm off on the Friday AM ferry till Monday on a lower milage but dirtier version but I love it just the same!
(looking for a woman to match the bike only kidding if HWMBO is reading!)

Good to see you across there Colin :thumb

50,650 miles now and she still looks good :D

Attachments

• 50,000miles.jpg
    50,000miles.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 3,893
My friend had his bike 800GS in to AJs Shipley for a bit of warranty work. He expressed a bit of interest in a new Anniversary GS800 so the salesman worked out the part ex,
1600 mile and 14 month old bike in good clean condition was worth- £3500 against a bike almost identical costing nearly £8000.

This devaluation is worse than the worst old Lada cars etc.

Shocking.....................they've got to pay for that new gin-palace

Back
Top Bottom