Who has the highest mileage F800?

Good to see you across there Colin :thumb

50,650 miles now and she still looks good :D

:beerjug:
Good to see you Micky the weather in Ireland can be a suprise!!

Attachments

• IMG00005-20101016-1140.jpg
    IMG00005-20101016-1140.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 3,892
Well it's a treat to read about some 50k F800's going strong with very few issues to report. Fingers crossed for mine! Cant wait to get rid of this effing salt off the roads so I can add a few miles to mine again. :thumb2

Well it's a treat to read about some 50k F800's going strong with very few issues to report. Fingers crossed for mine! Cant wait to get rid of this effing salt off the roads so I can add a few miles to mine again. :thumb2

Just ride it don't worry about the salt I ride mine all winter just use FS365 Scottoiler protection on it comes up like new in the spring I was out on mine today a couple of dodgy icy patches but if you are aware no problems great day no traffic salt will wash off.

Just got to 24,500 on my 800GS since new in March 2009, mainly from commuting, nearly due a big service.

I've had most of the usual problems sorted under warranty, head bearings, chain, leaking head gasket(which needs sorting again for the third time). Having a bit of a problem at the moment with the key, it won't turn in the ignition barrel, Mondial came out and have got it to the point were wiggling the key for a few seconds works. Biggest issue for me is the state of the engine which is badly corroded with the powder coat bubbling up in places despite regularly rinsing it off and drowning it in FS365.

I got the bike on the 2 year finance deal and am expecting to get very little for it against another so will probably buy it outright and either run it into the ground, or sell it privately and buy a new 800GS or look at the new Triumph 800XC.

Sorry if that sounds negative, I do really like the bike though, it's by far the best and most fun bike I've had and I begrudge the times when I have to use the car instead. It hasn't let me down till the issue with the key and assuming the problems have been sorted on new bikes I would consider another.

Still at 51,500 super miles :thumb

Using the G650Xcountry at the mo, but still every intention to keep in front(ish) :beerjug:

As a follow on to my previous post I got a offer too good to refuse so have now got a new orange 800GS ;o)

So 900 miles in 3 weeks and counting...

Mark

As a follow on to my previous post I got a offer too good to refuse so have now got a new orange 800GS ;o)

So 900 miles in 3 weeks and counting...

Mark

Keep that up Mark and you'll have that Micky with his 50k no probs! :bounce1

Still at 51,500 super miles :thumb

Using the G650Xcountry at the mo, but still every intention to keep in front(ish) :beerjug:

Now at 52,600 miles on the F800GS but away to Germany on Friday for a week tour of the Eifel :thumb

Gave her a good clean and polish today, and do ya know what .....

...... she's beautiful :thumb

Other than the axle nuts there's no corrosion, no issues, no problems and no worries :thumb

She'll keep up with the 1200's, do everything they can do but better, and use 10 to 12 euro's a day less petrol :clap

Photographs taken today after a good clean, three years use, summer and winter :thumb

Attachments

• Shiny-1.jpg
    Shiny-1.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 1,094
  • Shiny-2.jpg
    Shiny-2.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 1,101
  • Shiny-3.jpg
    Shiny-3.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 1,102
Now at 52,600 miles on the F800GS but away to Germany on Friday for a week tour of the Eifel :thumb

Gave her a good clean and polish today, and do ya know what .....

...... she's beautiful :thumb

Other than the axle nuts there's no corrosion, no issues, no problems and no worries :thumb

She'll keep up with the 1200's, do everything they can do but better, and use 10 to 12 euro's a day less petrol :clap

Photographs taken today after a good clean, three years use, summer and winter :thumb

Excellent bike :) What engine guards are you using - Adventure Spec and Touratec?

Looks fantastic Micky.

What size Pelican case are you using as a top box?

It's the 1450 I do believe. I've put 12v in to it from a Centech fuse unit, with a car cig lighter socket. I can charge my 'phone and iPod in there ... even the Samsung NC10 NetBook while on the move. The NetBook sits in the lid of the Peli case secured by velcro straps. Use it on trips and tours to route plan with mapscource also download photographs from the SD card :thumb

Excellent bike :) What engine guards are you using - Adventure Spec and Touratec?

Engine guards and sump guard are BMW, albeit the sumpguard is manufactured for BMW by Touratech :)

What a lovely clean bike! and with all those miles as well. I do like the yellow and black version Mickey - she's a credit to yers.:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom