Who has the highest mileage F800?

Micky have you ran Tourances? If yes, how many miles out of a set?

Had tourance on my 1200 and favoured them, been on Anakees with the 800 not sure about the front/tyre profile I seem to have worn it out before the rear!

Never nowt else but Tourances ... they've never let me down and whenever I fall off it's always been my fault :blast

About five thousand for a rear on average, sometimes less, sometimes more ;)

:beerjug:

Hello,

I'm not really new in UKGS forum, but lost my account which I had for my R1150GS until June 2006.

Now driving a F800GS since 3 August 2010 [after 4 years F800ST].
Love my bike [30 Y Jubileum edit]. No problems whatsoever until now.

Today I got 22600 kms [about 14125 miles] on clock. Quite a lot and it's 99,5% onroad.
This bike gives me so much fun on road especially in turns, that I'm principal not going to ride offroad anymore.

Front tyre - Michelin Anakees lasted until 19500 kms
Rear tyre is still on it - until 24K I think !!!!!

I hope to get at least 100K kms on it :).

Oh yeh, I ride on Castrol RS racing 5w40 full-synth. The bikes loves it [ going to change it every 13K!]

Rob

When you say no problems until now, do you mean you are now having a problem? :eek

@Gert:

I had a problem with rear brake pads being 'eaten' while I was looking at them --> Reason: corroded 'floating' system of the rear brake unit.
The winter 'saltshower' did all that ;)
Check their movability!

My (May 2008) F650GS has 87768km on the clock today...and it starts whenever I push that button.
I had my fair bit of trouble with it. (all under warranty)
And some NOT under warranty...
(The ABS system has let me down this week, but it will be taken care off)

I went for a set of Continental Trail Attack tyres again, they are sticky!
The speed rating must have been changed downwards (Thats what I was told at tyre centre in Mol (Belgium) when I ordered a new set).
Did about 28.000km on the previous set, way too much in fact!

Had to change a chain and sprockets set every 20.000km though...it all went too sloppy.

Only 36,000 miles so far! 21,000 of which was doing London to New York via Siberia in 2009. The wheel bearings are a known problem and if you give them a hard time (Mongolia/Trans Siberian highway for example) you will be lucky to get 25,000 out of them. Allegedly they are nasty cheap Chinese things (why BMW went there is anybody's guess) but you can get SKFs for "peanuts" and if you are planning a long trip change them before you go.
On the trip the rocker cover gasket leaked (they have redesigned the gasket apparently) but apart from that I only had two rear flats and a headlight bulb go! Chain lasted 17,000 but it was a Renthal X ring and not the standard Beemer part.
Best all round tyres are Anakees which are brilliant in the wet. if you shut your eyes you can pretend it's not raining....

When you say no problems until now, do you mean you are now having a problem? :eek
No ..... :), but good that You mention this.

Yesterday I had my 20K [kms] check [23400 kms on clock]. No problems at all.

The valves were checked, but were allright.
Just fitted NGK Iridium plugs - the bike even runs more smoothly now.

Rob

My July 2009 F800gs has now done 33k miles, all through the last two winters commuting, and a 2k mile trip to the alps last July. Bike has been fantastic especially thru winters. Still on original front pads. Under warrenty had:
- rocker cover replaced at 13k (after re-fitting it did not stop leak)
- chain and sprockets at 13k (under re-call)
- steering head bearings at 24k
- fork stancions at 24k
- corroded part in rear break caliper at 24k

but Chester dealer has been good. Warrenty runs out this month so on my own now!!

Just rolled on to 60,000 miles as I pulled in to the Hotel Lupo Bianco at Canazei here in the Dolomites :p

Attachments

• Hotel Lupo Bianco Canazei-2.jpg
    Hotel Lupo Bianco Canazei-2.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 674
  • 60,000 miles-2.jpg
    60,000 miles-2.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 667
Just rolled on to 60,000 miles as I pulled in to the Hotel Lupo Bianco at Canazei here in the Dolomites :p

Well done Micky its great to see you getting the miles up, Just prooves what this engine has to offer other keepers :beerjug:

Nice pictures also :thumb2

Traveling light, no side cases?
The lean hound hunts best.

You had to bring up the whippet :blast :toungincheek :rolleyes:

:hide
:D

At this very moment: 57843 Km....(about 35942 miles.)
I've just got 38442 miles on my old l reg 650 funduro. it doesnt show any signs of giving up the ghost yet so ill keep on with it....
Admittedly its not an F800GS but actually i wish it was (or a 1200GS now that WOULD BE BETTER) !!!

Just off the ferry from a very wet week in Ireland and the speedo rolls past the 65,000 miles mark :thumb

Jeepers .... I'm 65 too in a couple of months time :rob

Fried the alternator in Wunderbar Deutschland last month ... soon sorted, no complaints :thumb

A brief dry spell on the west coast of Ireland last week :D

Attachments

• Micky.jpg
    Micky.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 560
Just off the ferry from a very wet week in Ireland and the speedo rolls past the 65,000 miles mark :thumb

Fried the alternator in Wunderbar Deutschland last month ... soon sorted, no complaints :thumb

Not wishing to de-rail thread at all but... which Peli case is that? Trying to work out how big i can go without looking silly and yours looks spot on...

S

Not wishing to de-rail thread at all but... which Peli case is that? Trying to work out how big i can go without looking silly and yours looks spot on...

S

It's the 1450 ... great piece o' kit :thumb

Met a chap near northampton that had 75,000 on his F8.

I'll be overtaking him by Christmas :augie

Power to his elbow :thumb

Jeez slow down Mickey 5000 miles in 3 months and now talks of over 10,000 in the next 2 Months :D

have a break i'm only on 22.5 k no hope of catching you up :D, your going to be 65 in a few months :beerjug:

what I want to know is what is the stick thingy looks like welded on to your right hand guard (in your last picture) :nenau

65 and still going strong I like it (yes and the bike) :thumb

what I want to know is what is the stick thingy looks like welded on to your right hand guard (in your last picture) :nenau

It's a snorkel for the deep water ... heavy rain, winds and flooded roads were forecast, which in fact we encountered later in the week :eek:

You can see my mates had his fitted to the pannier of the 1200GS-A the 1200's being so big and lardy they created a much bigger bow wave and so the snorkel had to be fitted towards the rear ... not such a problem with the light and nimble 800's ;)

Attachments

• Thingy.jpg
    Thingy.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 657

Back
Top Bottom