Who has the highest mileage F800?

dogman

Reaction score
Is the F800 really bombproof? Some would have us believe it.. I want to believe it! I would be interested to hear about any F800's that have covered really serious miles and how they have stood up to the challenge, either with or without expensive repairs!? Hopefully the latter. :mmmm

42,000 at the mo ... and due to rise dramatically this year :thumb

I hope ;)

No probs... no issues... love it to bits.

I know there are 800GS's out there with higher mileages though...

Taken just two mornings ago ... heaven :thumb

:beerjug:

Attachments

• Camping at Twice Brewed.jpg
    Camping at Twice Brewed.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 3,346
What a great picture! It says it all. I hope you got the farmers permission to park there!?

Its nice to hear people using there bike rather than worrying about the resale price! :)

My 650gs is on 9200 miles. Brought her new in october last year!

Photo of my bike up in yorkshire, covered 1000 miles in 5 days with the Girlfriend! :)

Attachments

• 27863_10150213527440377_815980376_12713848_4320504_n.jpg
    27863_10150213527440377_815980376_12713848_4320504_n.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 3,283
What a great picture! It says it all. I hope you got the farmers permission to park there!?

Camp site at Winshields Farm at Twice Brewed. The 'Twice Brewed' ale the pub served was bloody marvellous :thumb

Bought new in Oct 09, just about to get 12k service.
did 1900+ miles round Ireland in 6 days before the NW200. :aidan

Usual issues, front and rear wheel bearings, new chain and sprockets (not covered in recall), seat is torture but the new Rallye seat with added gel should sort that (roll on tomorrow, should get it back then), oh yeah and needed a new insrument cluster under warranty. :eek

Bit different from the lst two Honda's on reflection....:augie

Still love it tho....:cool:

Bought new in Oct 09, just about to get 12k service.
did 1900+ miles round Ireland in 6 days before the NW200. :aidan

Usual issues, front and rear wheel bearings, new chain and sprockets (not covered in recall), seat is torture but the new Rallye seat with added gel should sort that (roll on tomorrow, should get it back then), oh yeah and needed a new insrument cluster under warranty. :eek

Bit different from the lst two Honda's on reflection....:augie

Still love it tho....:cool:

Any off road involved? A bit concerned about wheel bearings going at that mileage!:(

I've got about 57.000km on the clock of my F650GS after 2 years (bought it new, end of May 2008).
All kilometers done on highway and secundary roads, no offroad stuff done (yet).

hi there,

hit the 58000 kms mark last weekend

bought my F650GS new july 2008; have done little motorway and no offroad

am on second chain (first one lasted 45K kms), second steering head bearing (first one died after 45K kms, replaced under warranty), fourth set of tires (all of which were/are Battlewings, next may be Continental trail attacks); third set of brake pads; and at the moment have ordered Wilbers front and rear shocks (am not only grinding my footpegs on the tarmac, but also the center and side stand; also the gear lever as well as my boots have left some rubber on the streets: so think the ground clearance isn't what it used to be two years ago :nenau)

but overall: love my bike very, VERY much!!!:drool

G

hope you don't mind me chipping in, I bought my 800 GS in April last year and have now done just shy of 14,000 miles. Taking it over to Germany in a week so that will add another couple of thousand onto it.

No problems at all, no real off roading but have done a little bumpy stuff a couple of times

42,000 at the mo ... and due to rise dramatically this year :thumb

I hope ;)

No probs... no issues... love it to bits.

I know there are 800GS's out there with higher mileages though...

Taken just two mornings ago ... heaven :thumb

I thought you had jumped ship to a Versy Micky.

...second steering head bearing (first one died after 45K kms, replaced under warranty)...G

I had a worn out steering head bearing too (after 32K kms), but it wasn't replaced under warranty :confused:
I'll see if I can put this right (at the BMW garage in Meerhout (Belgium)) :D

I've got a set of Continental Trail Attack tires going for about 4500km now and they are fabulous!!! Good handling, softer ride, mighty grip on cobblestones and a superb grip on asphalt. Less grip on road markings in the wet (as usual).
I prefer them instead of Metzeler Tourance EXP.

I still enjoy the bike every day!

Back
Top Bottom