Bad news :(

Crapaud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Got phone call at 4.30am telling me oldest son Peter is in hospital in Swansea with double skull fracture.:(

He was out last night celebrating his 21st birthday and end of his final year degree exams. He slipped on dance stage in club and smashed his head on floor. Bouncers thought he had just passed out drunk and picked him up and frog marched him out still unconcious with double fracture and bleeding from his ear. Fortunately his friends called ambulance and he was taken immediately to hospital for brain scans etc.

As soon as we got call this morning at 4.30 we jumped in car and drove the near 200 miles from home to Swansea hospital. The hospital is excellent and are looking after him well but he is still in neurological intensive care. We are staying up here in Swansea until further notice but they hope he will be OK to be released after 5 days ie Wednesday. The good news is that he doesn't have to be transferred to the neuro unit at Cardiff hospital.

Gentlemens Airhead Wee-kend will still go ahead but we may be a bit less organised than we might otherwise have been.

Fortunately with Proff and Babs' help and input we were ahead of schedule and curry has already been made and put in freezer today.

If people have questions about event can they please direct them to Proff first as he will be able to handle them.

Proff and Babs have issues of their own as their son Chris goes into hospital next week for double hip replacement and hopefully comes out after Wee-kend.

I know I can rely on all of you to "muck in" and help out as required to make the event a great success despite these other distractions.:(

Six weeks ago it was youngest son suffering head injuries from bike crash and now oldest son has to go one better with double fracture.

Neurosurgeon told me son has swelling on his brain and "air has entered his brain". Does that officially make him an Airhead I asked in my gallows humour and Peter managed a smile at this comment.:) Diagnosis is that he should make full recovery without surgery but they are closely monitoring him for now. Obviously wife Ann wants to be here with him all the time as despite being 21 years old and 6 foot he is still her "little boy" :)

To those of you arriving early, Proff will be in residence at my place and we will definitely find you something to do to help. Please feel free to rebuild the R80/7 if you get bored.:)

We will all rally around together to have a great weekend.

Thanks for your understanding

Sid

Bad news Sid. Hope everything works our for you all!

Loved the joke too! It's good to see that you are coping with it.:comfort

That's awful news, the kind of thing every parent dreads...

But good luck and I really hope things work out OK :comfort

Sorry to here of Peter's mishap Sid, here's hoping for a full and speedy recovery.

Bleeding from the ears? How thick do you have to be to be a bouncer in Swansea?

They should be made to qualify in First Aid before they're let loose in public :(

CoGS & Lisa

Sorry to here of Peter's mishap Sid, here's hoping for a full and speedy recovery.

Bleeding from the ears? How thick do you have to be to be a bouncer in Swansea?

They should be made to qualify in First Aid before they're let loose in public :(

CoGS & Lisa

Our thoughts as well.

I think we may be paying a visit to the club tomorrow and I might set my wife Ann loose on them. If she gets hold of those bouncers it may be similar to that story of the woman who ripped off that guys testicles.

Just got home.
We've both agreed that the WeeKend is still on :thumb2
Our son Chris, as Sids mentioned is going in for a Double Hip replacement on Monday 7th June, we've known for around 8 weeks, but have worked around it :)Curries are already made etc etc....
Now Sids had this shocker, but by unanimous decision Me, Sid and our Bosses..
say, the events going ahead :thumb2

Blimey hope he gets well soon i sympathies with your and your family
Take care

Big D

To Sid + Mrs Sid! and Proff + BAbs Fair play to you all!

Wish I was going but at the same time Our Club have a Charity run on and I'm a Marshall!

Even had an Airhead sorted to go on!

My best wishes for both of Your Young fellas quick recovery!!!

OMG, hope hes ok and best wishes for a speedy recovery. I always knew that dancin was bad for ya health. If it's not a bodily injury, it often leads to an itchy willy and a trip to the little brolly nurse :augie:augie:augie

Best wishes to Chris and his op :thumb

Anything I can do during the weekend to help out, just give me a shout.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery as everyone has said.
Should be there pretty early friday or maybe evn thurs so count me in if you need any help with anything.

Best wishes for you and yours... Though I don't have an airhead... and won't be in attendance... I'd be happy to collect anything you guys need from local shops (i.e. food, drinks etc) and drop if off. Give me a shout if you need anything.

Sounds as if he is in good hands with the hospitals neuro team :thumb2

.... the actions of the door staff beggars belief :mad: I may be wrong but I thought new legislation was in place to ensure that 'bouncers' didnt do this sort of thing anymore (http://www.sia.homeoffice.gov.uk/Pages/licensing-door-supervision.aspx) ... when things settle down, read this over and then tackle the Licensee regarding what happened (personally I would be taking legal advice regarding the actions of the door staff and the circumstances surrounding the entire incident .. could it have been prevented?)

anyway .. hope he is on the mend and sounds as Proff and Babs have the weekend covered :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom