100RT silencer bracket rust

ELIMINATOR

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
100RTLH.jpg

100RTLHOUTSIDE.jpg

100RTRHOUTSIDE.jpg

As can be seen the left hand bracket is half missing on the horizontal part, rusted away. Could this be rectified at the weekend? Is there kit available to do this? before I was made redundant I guillotined some 16 gauge strips, for this purpose, a bit oversize to what is needed, as I'm not sure if it will need to be welded flush, or folded and welded. This plate needs drilling and slotting as well, to match the original mounting design. Is there a pillar drill on site and hacksaw?

I've had a closer look today, and have sprayed said area with plus gas.

It looks as if the silencers have studs in and nuts lock the silencers to the bracket, but as it's rusty, it's not easy to tell.
If they're nuts, I'll need a nut splitter to remove them! But, I very much doubt if a nut splitter would get into that confined space

I think I'm shafted It looks as if the action of removing the silencers will damage them?

Now fed up:(

I've had a closer look today, and have sprayed said area with plus gas.

It looks as if the silencers have studs in and nuts lock the silencers to the bracket, but as it's rusty, it's not easy to tell.
If they're nuts, I'll need a nut splitter to remove them! But, I very much doubt if a nut splitter would get into that confined space

I think I'm shafted It looks as if the action of removing the silencers will damage them?

Now fed up:(

Stop messing about with the bike. Just get on it and ride it to Devon. The collective will give their invaluable oppinion then. :rob

You're right, the silencer is bolted to the bracket. Just need a bit of heat.

Val.

i had a similar problem / solved it without a nut splitter / used a dremel mini drill with a metal grinding disc. :thumb2

mind you - you need the dexterity of a gynaeocologist to do it! :blast

Back
Top Bottom