Auxilliary lights

Hi, I have a few questions if you dont mind...
do you recommend them being hard wired, on all the time or could you supply the switch and wiring diagram and how to fit?
Is it only the 9w that you an set different light modes on?
As I already have hid headlights is the 27w going to be overkill?
I have engine bars but not the high adventure ones, do you supply differing types off fitting brackets, may be easier if you could send me a PM with your number then i can give you a ring, cheers, stevie.

Hi Steviegasgas,
You have P.M.

Best regards

Mike

Moto Enduro L.E.D.

:aidan

Hello all, would it be possible if someone posted more pictures of these lights? Much obliged thanks. :thumb2

Thanks, I had checked the link before my posting but wanted to see more pictures of the spots in question on a bike.

Thanks, I had checked the link before my posting but wanted to see more pictures of the spots in question on a bike.

Hi GS Biker

Attached are three photos of my bike and one of Mikes bike - both with the LED lamps. In both cases the lamps are fitted using custom made brackets.

If you need any help, or have more questions, just let us know.

Best Regards

Nick
Moto Enduro LED

Attachments

• 7_My Bike01_2.jpg
    7_My Bike01_2.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 874
  • 7_My Bike02_2.jpg
    7_My Bike02_2.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 884
  • 7_My Bike03_2.jpg
    7_My Bike03_2.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 881
  • flamco aux lights 1.jpg
    flamco aux lights 1.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 883
OK,for all the people who want to complain on this thread that I started,I went to see Mike and Nick today,and they sorted me out,lights fitted and so I am well pleased,effing brilliant,thanks Mike,I owe you big time,you are a top bloke,thankyou,life is full of twats but people like you make life worth living

Nuf zed :beerjug:

OK,for all the people who want to complain on this thread that I started,I went to see Mike and Nick today,and they sorted me out, lights fitted and so I am well pleased, effing brilliant, thanks Mike, I owe you big time,you are a top bloke, thank you, life is full of twats but people like you make life worth living

Hi Kimbo,
Was good to see you on Sat, glad your pleased with the lights and our fitting service, as you could see all our brackets are hand made on the day, that way you can have the lights were you want and what you think looks good on your bike.

Like we were saying on Sat we are not into the mas market, we are a small company looking after fellow GS riders with a personal service.

Thank you for your comments and as you say it,s nice to meet nice people with a common instrest BMW - GS

Best regards

For Moto Enduro LED

Mike & Nick

:aidan

Just guessing here, but they make about 1500 lumens according to th ebay offer. A HID headlamp apparently makes a bit more than 13000 lumens - so one of these would be about half as bright as a HID headlamp.

Or, to put it another way, a pair of these would be worth about the same as an extra HID headlamp

Sound reasonable?

At first glance and looking at the numbers quoted, it doesn't sound right - 1500 lumens per light means 3000 for a pair, and that works out at just under 1/4 of the light output for the HID you're quoting. However, the value of 13000 lumens looks way too big. According to Les Wassall's website, HIDs output about 100 lumens/watt, so I could expect my 35W HID to output 3500 lumens. If that's the case, a pair of 27W LED lights should be on a par with HID lights, without the issues of warming up.

By the way, for the sake of comparison, a standard H1 bulb gives out 1500 lumens and the higher power ones give out a bit above 1700 lumens.

OK,for all the people who want to complain on this thread that I started,I went to see Mike and Nick today,and they sorted me out,lights fitted and so I am well pleased,effing brilliant,thanks Mike,I owe you big time,you are a top bloke,thankyou,life is full of twats but people like you make life worth living

I've got HIDs on both the main and dipped beams and it would be great to have some bright driving lights to improve the main beam spread, as well as offsetting some of the time that it takes for the HID to warm up, and these look perfect for the job.

Did you get the 9W or the 27W lights?

Would it be possible to post some photos of the spotlamp output, compared to the main and dipped beams?

As it happens, I don't live too far away, so I'd be more than happy to meet up and compare lighting setups.

cool,just ordered mine off ebay for a fraction of the cost,as a wise man once said ''you don't get rich writing cheques''

i also have a set on the way to replace the hella's i currently have. The guy is polite and replies very quickly... ill report back when they arrive and are fitted.

Some feedback.......the lights arrived this morning from the ebay guy, 4 days registered post from hong kong is great :clap

Took ages to get into the box as it was fully taped and heat sealed, the packing and padding was excellent.

the lights are well made, have o-rings on the front lens and also o-rings on the 3 mounting screws that hold the whole assy together, the electronics inside and the soldering/circuitboard are of good quality, as is the heatsink bridge. The supplied mounting bracket is stainless and again good quality, however the supplied bar clamp will not fit on crash bars (if thats peoples plans). As the guys dont know or wont say what type of LED is used , ill do some digging, of course wont matter to the general populus and is for my own curiosity only.

Beam spread is more towards a spot than true flood and unlike the flat beam of the hella micro DE, e.g. the main light pattern, excluding the corona is 45cm at a distance of 5M and throw is quite good, with a whiter rather than slightly blue tint LED traditional light.

Overall a good pair of water resistant lights for under £50

Piccys of what arrived, ill update again when fully installed.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/117354893260591965670/Lights#

At first glance and looking at the numbers quoted, it doesn't sound right - 1500 lumens per light means 3000 for a pair, and that works out at just under 1/4 of the light output for the HID you're quoting. However, the value of 13000 lumens looks way too big. According to Les Wassall's website, HIDs output about 100 lumens/watt, so I could expect my 35W HID to output 3500 lumens. If that's the case, a pair of 27W LED lights should be on a par with HID lights, without the issues of warming up.

By the way, for the sake of comparison, a standard H1 bulb gives out 1500 lumens and the higher power ones give out a bit above 1700 lumens.

Well spotted, 13000 lumens should have read 3000 lumens:rob:blast

Good job I don't work for NASA:D

The supplied mounting bracket is stainless and again good quality, however the supplied bar clamp will not fit on crash bars (if thats peoples plans).
Bugger, that was exactly my plan. How do you plan to fit? migsel bar?

I've got HIDs on both the main and dipped beams and it would be great to have some bright driving lights to improve the main beam spread, as well as offsetting some of the time that it takes for the HID to warm up, and these look perfect for the job.

Did you get the 9W or the 27W lights?

Would it be possible to post some photos of the spotlamp output, compared to the main and dipped beams?

As it happens, I don't live too far away, so I'd be more than happy to meet up and compare lighting setups.

Hi mate,Mike fitted the 9W lights as he reckons they are best for road use.Haven't had chance to do a night test yet.I am pretty sure he will get some pictures sorted out as a comparison,but my main reason for getting the lights was to help myopic numpties on the road to see me.

All the best

Kimbo :)

Bugger, that was exactly my plan. How do you plan to fit? migsel bar?

yep i have a migsel bar already for the micro DE's.

For clarification the clamps do fit H&B engine bars WITHOUT the rubber protector but it will damage the paint finish on the bars, I suppose 1 turn of self amalgamating tape will do fine.

The clamps are well made with decent 8.8 hardware.

yep i have a migsel bar already for the micro DE's.

For clarification the clamps do fit H&B engine bars WITHOUT the rubber protector but it will damage the paint finish on the bars, I suppose 1 turn of self amalgamating tape will do fine.

The clamps are well made with decent 8.8 hardware.
Did you fit yours?

Mine arrived, much the same as yours. Quick delivery, everything looks good quality and the fitting was fine. The lights are very, very bright.

But . . . . . . there is a fatal flaw which makes them pretty well unusable on the road:(

They have a number of different modes of operation - full power - half power - quarter power - fast flash - slow flash - random flash.

You cycle through the modes by turning them on and then off again. This is the killer - about 50% of the time starting the engine drops the voltage enough that it causes the lights to switch to the next mode. This would be an inconvenience (especially if you were riding around in the fast flash mode, when you would certainly get a pull), but could be remedied by switching them off and then on again (if you have a switch - mine are currently wired directly to an ignition switched source).

However, the lights respond slightly differently to the voltage drop, sometimes only one cycles to the next mode. You then end up with one flashing and one solid, or one on quarter power and the other on full.

To remedy this, you need separate switches for each light of the pair, or you need to unwire them, cycle one of them till they are in sync and reconnect them (until the next time you start up).

Its a pity, they are really nice lights at a good price, but spoilt by one feature too many.

hi,

only saw this now....

no i ordered the 9W version so its on or off , no different modes.

however its easily solved, just have a master on/off and switch on after engine start, u will have to cycle thru the modes tho.

OR if you are handy with some electronics, open the unit up and see how the chips look like, it will be an IC chip but depending on the size it could be an easy fix.

hi,

however its easily solved, just have a master on/off and switch on after engine start, u will have to cycle thru the modes tho.

OR if you are handy with some electronics, open the unit up and see how the chips look like, it will be an IC chip but depending on the size it could be an easy fix.

You could go that route or if its a 1200 and you want them on all the time simply break the supply you have going to the lights with a relay and supply the switched feed from the main headlight. The light only comes on after the engine has started so problem solved. Should also work on any bike with CAN and possibly others.

Sorry stolzy, I just read your profile and its an 1150 you have so this might not work. I dont know anything about the 1150 but if the headlight lights after the engine has started it will work. I dont even know if you can switch the headlight off on the 1150 but if you can the same result just switch off your light after you have killed the engine ready for the next start.

Thanks to Nick- Moto enduro

Hi Nick, sorry for the delay in giving you some feedback, but want to tell you and any future customers how happy I am with the lights you supplied.
They all fitted great, I put them on a micro relay fed from the battery, so they can be on or off depending on when needed, wow, they are bright. Made a hugr difference on our usual run back along the twisty coast of Norfolk, I have Les's HID lights already fitted and they supplement them great. The verges are brighter, the depth of light has improved, and all in a great white light.
So to all the peeps on here giving poor Nick a hard time, try him out, he is very helpful on the phone, knowledgable, has put a lot of his time in getting the product right, I know if I am hurtling along the road at night I would rather put my faith in him than other lights sponsored on here.
Mind you, if he laughs his tits off when you are asking how to stop them flashing, when they break etc then maybe its a little deserved!!

So big up to Nick, hope it remains to be worth your while, cheers.
:thumb2

Hi Nick, sorry for the delay in giving you some feedback, but want to tell you and any future customers how happy I am with the lights you supplied.
They all fitted great, I put them on a micro relay fed from the battery, so they can be on or off depending on when needed, wow, they are bright. Made a hugr difference on our usual run back along the twisty coast of Norfolk, I have Les's HID lights already fitted and they supplement them great. The verges are brighter, the depth of light has improved, and all in a great white light.
So to all the peeps on here giving poor Nick a hard time, try him out, he is very helpful on the phone, knowledgable, has put a lot of his time in getting the product right, I know if I am hurtling along the road at night I would rather put my faith in him than other lights sponsored on here.
Mind you, if he laughs his tits off when you are asking how to stop them flashing, when they break etc then maybe its a little deserved!!

So big up to Nick, hope it remains to be worth your while, cheers.
:thumb2

Mike and Nick are great blokes,they sorted me out,led lights are brilliant!!!Will second what is written above:thumb

Until soon guys

Kimbo :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom