Doughnuts

Deleted account 210609001

Reaction score
Well, a five hour round trip, missed all the organised stuff, but had a chat with people, a lovely early afternoon nap on the bales, watched the first footie match. Witnessed synchronised final drive oil changes from the ford ride participants.

But best of all - those doughnuts. Worth the trip and more on their own. I made the most of it and had two. Well, three.*

What a great event. I'm really disappointed I couldn't make a weekend of it. Next year, definitely.

*(four.)

Where's the pictures of the pea soup found in my final drive? :eek:

Here you go:

922960375_GAPKT-M.jpg

(The picture looks better because it was taken in sunlight. Apologies to the chap I don't know at whom I barked "Get out of my light!" We all have to suffer for our art...)

I saw this in motorway services. Along with the Guzzi Le Mans at the Horgraost, they are the two bikes I lusted after aged 8 - 13.

922967659_cXVx5-M.jpg

922814278_eXAxh-M.jpg

F*** me, roast me, eat me and display my head on a table but please no more Doughnuts :cool:

Well, a five hour round trip, missed all the organised stuff, but had a chat with people, a lovely early afternoon nap on the bales, watched the first footie match. Witnessed synchronised final drive oil changes from the ford ride participants.

But best of all - those doughnuts. Worth the trip and more on their own. I made the most of it and had two. Well, three.*

What a great event. I'm really disappointed I couldn't make a weekend of it. Next year, definitely.

*(four.)

So....it's mostly down to you that I didn't manage to get a doughnut the whole weekend, eh...???? :mad:

I shall just have to go back and try harder next year...!!!!:thumb

*hundred

are they as nice as greenhalghs chocolate and vanilla ones......... :drool

This might be a thick question, but why does the oil change colour? I assume it's a watertight seal (to stop the oil escaping in the first place) :blast so if the oil can't get out, how does the water get in? :nenau

This might be a thick question, but why does the oil change colour? I assume it's a watertight seal (to stop the oil escaping in the first place) :blast so if the oil can't get out, how does the water get in? :nenau

1150's have a breather that allows oil out (and water in :blast ).

If water gets in then it ends up looking like that, as the gears mix it like a very fast egg beater. The clean oil does have a green tinge. :nenau

I await correction but I think it's called an emulsion :confused:

1150's have a breather that allows oil out (and water in :blast ).

If water gets in then it ends up looking like that, as the gears mix it like a very fast egg beater. The clean oil does have a green tinge. :nenau

I await correction but I think it's called an emulsion :confused:

It's only takes a few drops of water to emulsify oil, so it looks worse than it is.
I made a simple breather venting under the seat on my 1150 to avoid this.
Just remove the black breather plug, use a short piece of hose (garden hose pipe fits) with a reducer on one end and length of 6mm pipe from there:thumb

I made a simple breather venting under the seat on my 1150 to avoid this.
Just remove the black breather plug, use a short piece of hose (garden hose pipe fits) with a reducer on one end and length of 6mm pipe from there:thumb

Vern had a similar idea 7 years ago... but I guess it's too early yet to expect to see the finished item :augie

Back
Top Bottom