Thank you

Another 1st timer

With lifes rich tapestry we all strive to exist ,maybe achieve greatness or recognition . However most of us have commitments, to work, family young and old. At times we feel we would like to say "stop the planet I want to get off"
We did just that this week end me and the current Mrs Dexter you know the one who dont do camping or pillion and come to your Hogroast. I have been fortunate to atend a couple of previous GS events on my tod so it was good to catch up with a few familiar faces and meet a few more new friends.
So this week end were able to say sod it all and have a bril time.We would like to thank Steve and Becky and his many helpers for a superb event raising a good wad of dosh.

Cheers:beerjug:
Dexter

A top weekend. :thumb2

Thanks Bakerman and team.:bow

EDIT: And thanks to the Honeybadgers too.

...great weekend, good to see friends old and new!:thumb

Many thanks to Bakes and all his little helpers (and those not so little:D)..

Sorry i missed this mornings chat...my loss:( ... but had things to sort;) ...

Best regards to all ...ride safe..

Charlie x:driving

Thanks from me and the sprogs, the story tellers were good, one in the sun yesterday afternoon, and an even better one this morning in the bar.

Probably the only biking event at which kids are not only welcomed, but actively catered for with entertainments, although with straw bales to make tunnels with the other attractions seemed to pale.

Both bands were good too.

Roll on next year (there will be one next year I hope).

cheers bakes, becky, andy and everyone else who made it what it was: a great event :beerjug:

cookie

Another top weekend Bakes, Becky and the bakettes - well done!

Good to see many familiar faces - Fanny, Y2K, Cookie, Timolgra, judge, BHT+Lucy, Ash, Beetle, madmountainman, Martin (IAM bloke), battyman, proff, gerry, dave & val, Anna, shugie, Shaun (AA man), Slimbo (getting better on the gob iron)

and really good to meet some new faces, and apologies for forgetting everyone's names within 2 minutes of being told them:
Mungrel, camped next to me, farted for Britain, shared a few bottles with, talked bollox
bald bloke with his missus camped the other side of my lad, Martin's tent.
Kiwi bloke who came on the road ride-out
Other bloke who came on the rideout and gave Martin a pillion so he's now telling me to sell the Triumph and buy another GS
The people who on Friday night said "come and have some cheese and crackers" so off I trotted to listen to the banter and enjoy cheese served on a decent R100GS with the ugliest fairing known to mankind

The Hamsters on Friday - just the tops - awesome doesn't do them justice - they were ferkin' brilliant. remembering their guitars with the LED lights as they came into the crowd, swapped guitars as 4 or 5 tossers got on stage playing air guitar - great moment.

Smoke house blues band on Saturday up to their normal standard, Elvis giving it the shakes on the Friday.

As the Hamsters played, several people with the Gateway club went up to the merchandise table to buy DVDs, hats, T-shirts and CDs - they were so pleased with their purchases as they came back - big smiles with "look what I got" - big hearted people and good to have them along.

My son, Martin (11) had a great time, playing with shugie's kids, LMJ (little Miss Judge) and several other children roughly the same age - they made a huge den out of straw on Sunday and both Friday and Saturday night I had to drag him to bed at midnight, him complaining that he needed to stay up longer. He really enjoyed coming on the ride out and it's so good to go to an event which is very family friendly.

I had to leave early on Sunday morning (believe it or not, I sing in a church choir!!!!!!!!) but came back later to pack the tents up.

Top weekend, Top family Burbidges, Top music, Top bunch of tossers - sitting here remembering it with a silly grin on my face - good for the soul - impossible not to have a good time!

phil (aka pint6x, pint7x, whatever......)

Thanks to Bakes & family, Judge & family and all the Dayglo Slaves and other helpers. :clap
Also thanks to Cal for our trip out on Saturday and to Bill for Jaffa cakes etc. :thumb
Another great weekend with a top bunch of people. :beerjug:

Brilliant weekend, first time for me, first bike rally of any kind for the girlfriend. She rode her 125 80 miles each way, first long ride out and she really enjoyed herself.

Must say though, it's turned out to be the most expensive rally I've attended. After all, I now want a sergeant saddle, wide pegs, a set of proper off road gear and seen a couple of farkles that will be wanted eventually. Oh and the girlfriend has fallen in love with the new f650. Yeah, this weekend will cost the two of us about 10 grand all in I reckon.

Great time had, and a particular thank you to the guys who guided the off road rides, that was well scary riding on gravel for the first time, but I'm a bit more used to it now, though my legs still ache from all the standing up.

Yeah, we'll be back.

Top stuff indeed, i'm sorry I left early on Sunday and missed the talks:blast

Many thanks to everybody whose generous help makes sure this a top notch event year after year:thumb2

The Hampsters were legend:thumb2

Shep

Great weekend.
First Hogroast and sticker on my pannier.
Helped that I went with friends Trev 'Moses' Tucker and his chief mechanic Ceiliah.
Loads of friendly people willing to stop and chat and pass on advice and the North East contingent taking the piss out of everything, which made standing on the balcony on Friday afternoon very enjoyable.
Cant wait til the next one.

The people who on Friday night said "come and have some cheese and crackers" so off I trotted to listen to the banter and enjoy cheese served on a decent R100GS with the ugliest fairing known to mankind

How rude!!!!!

Bertha may not be a super model, but she's not that ugly. I was actually complimented on her looks by another tosser.

Next time you can eat off the floor :D:D:D:D

Good to see everyone again.

Well done steve and the support team. :beerjug:

Sunday mornings talk on your south american trip was a delight :thumb

Likewise - another top weekend!!

Good mates, great atmosphere, some embarrassing dancing (on both nights!) and miles of outstanding riding :bounce1

Great to see you all and make some new friends. Looking forward to the next one :bounce1

Thanks for a great weekend nice to see a good turn out and hope you did well for the charity

Eddie

Back
Top Bottom