Any news on the dude on the XT?

sockpuppet

Reaction score
Anyone know what's happened to the fella on the XT who did his leg in? Wondering if he's back home or still in the medical clink :comfort

The last i heard was that he had been transferred to Winchester Orthopedic to have his leg pinned.... broken below the knee as i understand it

Are you planning on forming a new clique ??

Well it depends unless you've broken your leg i can't tell you about it :D

Anyway if someone who knows him could pass on my best even though he was riding a XT and not a GS I think under the circumstances I'll let it slide. I can't help but think the slightly warm laughing cow cheese I gave him the night before may be partially responsible :( :augie

Just in case the usual selfish me me me vultures start to circle, I 'd like to remind everybody I have first dibs on his BMW Enduro helmet should the surgery team fek up:augie

Shep

Just in case the usual selfish me me me vultures start to circle, I 'd like to remind everybody I have first dibs on his BMW Enduro helmet should the surgery team fek up:augie

Shep

Too late fella, we were already sizing his kit up as he lay on the ground on Salisbury Plain. You can have 3rd dibs on his earplugs. :augie

Get well soon Ian!

Too late fella, we were already sizing his kit up as he lay on the ground on Salisbury Plain. You can have 3rd dibs on his earplugs. :augie

Get well soon Ian!

Gutted, thems the breaks I suppose, i've not got a leg to stand on etc ect:augie

Paul and Jaq have just been to collect bike and all his gear from my place.

The rider is awaiting an MRI scan to see if there is any ligament damage otherwise they will just plaster him up and he should be OK.:)

The rider is awaiting an MRI scan to see if there is any ligament damage otherwise they will just plaster him up and he should be OK.:)

Thanks for the update Sid, and well done to you, Jaq and Paul for sorting it :thumb

:clap:clap:clap:clap

If you have to break a leg 100 miles from home, the hograost is the place to do it :cool:

Thanks for the update Sid, and well done to you, Jaq and Paul for sorting it :thumb

:clap:clap:clap:clap

If you have to break a leg 100 miles from home, the hograost is the place to do it :cool:

So true, if it happened on my East Midland ride out you'd have to fashion ya own splint and make your own way home :augie:augie:augie:D

Cool. As anyone who's binned it will know you have the "feck me what about the bike moment" at least once or twice.

Glad to see some decent people are about to help the fella :beerjug:

a few pics of the Army rescue!!!

Attachments

• Optimized-Optimized-P7030034.JPG
    Optimized-Optimized-P7030034.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 830
  • Optimized-Optimized-P7030035.JPG
    Optimized-Optimized-P7030035.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 818
  • Optimized-Optimized-P7030039.JPG
    Optimized-Optimized-P7030039.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 805
Its not often I have a moan but I think it's bang out of order, Oblertone has put the bike on Ebay already with a buy it now of £100:mad:

This is despite the fact that he clearly said, in front of witnesses, £80 would be acceptable:nenau

Its not often I have a moan but I think it's bang out of order, Oblertone has put the bike on Ebay already with a buy it now of £100:mad:

This is despite the fact that he clearly said, in front of witnesses, £80 would be acceptable:nenau

He's pushing his bloody luck a bit isn't he :eek:

£100 for a second hand Tenere? :blast

:hide

Excellent :clap

Thanks for the update Sid :thumb2

What an Ace lot you guys and gals are!!!

I have managed to scrounge the use of a laptop from my hospital bed and couldn't remember my original moniker on the site, so re registered as Wogzie (my nickname for years) Perhaps better known now as the "big guy on the Tenere".

Where do I start, the list is long, but my very sincerest thanks must go to John, who led the Novice ride on the plains. You sir are a 100% sound chap, thanks for getting me and the bike off the plain and back to the rally site in one piece. Then more importantly for ferrying me to Winchester Hospital A and E along with "Florence Nightingale AKA Jaq". For waiting a long time until I was ensconced, then returning with my clean kit later. If you ever come to Devon, the drinks are on me!

To all the guys back at the campsite, for the good humoured banter and ribbing I needed to help take my mind off the pain and for getting my kit sorted along with my bike and to the good gent who ferried it back to Devon, so Paul and Jaq could collect it, drinks owed all round.

Overall, I was gutted to miss the Raost, but if ever I was to injure myself again, you are far and away the calibre of people I would wish to have at my side.

Having ridden motorcycles for 30 years, it is a priviledge to have spent time in your company and I hope to be at next years Hog Raost to buy you a drink. (Maybe will give the off road a miss!")

If anyone has any photos with me in, I wouldn,t mind a copy for the memoirs lol

to biggles666 AT Gmail dot com

Thanks all of you and Bakerman for a super event

OH nearly forgot, still in Hospital at Winchester waiting for a scan to decide if they will screw and pin my broken Tibia, hoping for scan tomoz now...fingers x'd:beerjug::beerjug::beerjug::beerjug:

Glad to hear your on the mend and more importantly you saved the bike from the vutures :D

:clap:clap

So you haven't seen your bike yet? :augie

We tried to stop the big boys, honestly, but they were drunk, and by heck it wheelies well :D

I'm sure the forks can be unbent, and the fire damaged paintwork will probably t-cut out ...Bakerman wasn't too happy with it being jumped over the fire all those times, but he was ok after he was allowed to ride it up and down the stairs of the clubhouse for a bit ;)

Get well soon Wogzie, and see you next year....you're guaranteed to win the Rev Chuck lookalikee competition that's run every two years :comfort

Stunt Bike

:clap:clap

So you haven't seen your bike yet? :augie

We tried to stop the big boys, honestly, but they were drunk, and by heck it wheelies well :D

I'm sure the forks can be unbent, and the fire damaged paintwork will probably t-cut out ...Bakerman wasn't too happy with it being jumped over the fire all those times, but he was ok after he was allowed to ride it up and down the stairs of the clubhouse for a bit ;)

Get well soon Wogzie, and see you next year....you're guaranteed to win the Rev Chuck lookalikee competition that's run every two years :comfort

Hell, a bit of fire jumping probably did it good, how many GS1200's did it clear?
I at least expect to find it covered in "Laughing Cow Stickers"!

Thanks again all of you...see you next year

Wogzie

Back
Top Bottom