Ferries

SamD

Reaction score
Been looking at ferry timings today - the most convenient in terms of departure and arrival port is Fishguard-Rosslare for me, but by mid-October we've crept into Stena Line's rubbish winter timetable, the only crossings that meet the requirements are 2:45am outward and 9:15pm on the return (getting in at 1am). Not keen to do either of these, so I am thinking of the overnight from Fleetwood to Larne - cabins work out cheaper than getting a B&B on dry land so economically it makes sense. Ferry to Larne gets in at 5am, so I figure a big brekkie somewhere outside Belfast and a slow mooch down to Killarney might be in order.

Before I get on to Nutt travel I thought I'd see what other people are doing....

:thumb

We'll probably go out on the Birkenhead to Belfast ferry on the Thursday night. Slightly better crossing times than Fleetwood.

Coming back will probably have to be the Dun L to Holyhead - a route I hate.......

Dun L is fine, but the trawl back from Holyhead is soul destroying..........

We'll probably go out on the Birkenhead to Belfast ferry on the Thursday night. Slightly better crossing times than Fleetwood.

Coming back will probably have to be the Dun L to Holyhead - a route I hate.......

Dun L is fine, but the trawl back from Holyhead is soul destroying..........

I'll check out the Birkenhead timings tomorrow. I hate the slog back from Holyhead, the M6 just doesn't fill me with joy :blast

Dun Holyhead for me but I'm only in leicester so autoroute thinks 350 door to door which isn't too bad.

Sam
You wont need to find a cafe for breakfast on the Fleetwood- Larne ferry,buffet breakfast provided just before docking, all meals included with ticket
We booked through Nutt Travel and saved around 20% when we went on MMMT in March.
Jim

Birkenhead - Belfast has Evening Meal,Cabin and Brekkie included in Ticket Price. 22.00hrs Sailing,8 Hour crossing so you should get a reasonable sleep and off the Boat at around 06.30/07.00 ish.

Birkenhead - Belfast has Evening Meal,Cabin and Brekkie included in Ticket Price. 22.00hrs Sailing,8 Hour crossing so you should get a reasonable sleep and off the Boat at around 06.30/07.00 ish.

Then meet up here for a mug of tea and I might take you on a nice wee cross country run to Killarney. ;)

Ferry booked. Friday lunchtime from Holyhead - Dublin Port then Sunday 2:30 the other way :thumb

Going to throw in some extra days hopefully. Up to Scotland, Cairnryan to Larne and work mi way darn sarf, dunno when yet though :rob
:beerjug:

Leixlip Co Kildare

I know Im a little out of the way but if anyone is stuck or needs a cuppa yer more than welcome.0872286361 :aidan

Back
Top Bottom