Good place to Eat in Fort William

Big Nick

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend anywhere decent for an evening meal in Fort William?

Not too expensive would be nice!

Niko's fish and chiperama on the highstreet, opposite the Grog & Gruel....or upstairs in the G&G.

:)

Grog & Gruel has decent beer and reasonable food.
http://www.grogandgruel.co.uk/p/v/mouth(-)watering-food/

The restaurant will not take bookings:( I was there with the missus the other week and couldn't book. They said just turn up tonight, you'll get a table easy...bullshit!! they took a phone booking for 22 on a rugby outing ...greedy cnuts:mad:

There is a very good Italian just off the main drag though, called The Stables, easy to find. I will try the Lochy next time though:thumb

Another vote for the Lochy - great range of dishes, good quality, good price, friendly service, plenty of parking :thumb

....but The Lochy isn't in Fort Bill, so be aware.

Wouldn't hesitate to recomend folk to dine and drink chez GC.

:beerjug:

Well, thanks for the recommendations.;)
If you want to stay in the town and eat there is a relatively new Indian at the East end of town that’s getting good reviews, Spice Tandoori I think its called.
My daughter had a decent meal in The Ben Nevis Bar (Munro Restaurant) last week.
The West End Hotel does a good a good bar meal but we are looking at over a tenner for a main. Upwards from there, I had a really good meal in the Lime Tree last night, but its certainly not cheep. :eek:
When are you coming here? I’m heading to Englanshire with the wee wans this weekend but if you need any other local info, Id be happy to help. :thumb2

Going up hill and running parallel to the hight street is a little Italian restaurant
apology but can't remember the name
Excellent freshly made pizza and was very good value

Going up hill and running parallel to the hight street is a little Italian restaurant
apology but can't remember the name
Excellent freshly made pizza and was very good value

The Stables:thumb2

Thanks for all the help lads, much appreciated

Ended up at the Grog&Gruel one night and had a nice tasty meal in the upstairs part

Owing to it pissing down on the other two nights I couldn't face a further soaking walking into Town (after getting wet through each day on the bike!) so ended up staying in the Hotel for a meal and a few jars :beerjug:

Had a cracking weekend even with the crap weather and rode some of the best roads I've ever been on.

It was my first biking trip to Scotland but it definately won't be my last.

:bow:flag

Thanks for all the help lads, much appreciated

Ended up at the Grog&Gruel one night and had a nice tasty meal in the upstairs part

Owing to it pissing down on the other two nights I couldn't face a further soaking walking into Town (after getting wet through each day on the bike!) so ended up staying in the Hotel for a meal and a few jars :beerjug:

Had a cracking weekend even with the crap weather and rode some of the best roads I've ever been on.

It was my first biking trip to Scotland but it definately won't be my last.

:bow:flag

haste ye back :thumb2:thumb2:flag:flag

Back
Top Bottom