Official Opening of Road

Crapaud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Heather has announced that their annual Horse and Donkey show will be on 11th December 2010 followed by the official opening of Calum's Road on 12th December.

If anyone wants a week or two in The Gambia in December it would be great to be at both these events.

You don't have to ride your bike down there as there are regular flights and then it would just be a case of making your way up river to the Horse & Donkey Trust.

Of course, if you really want to ride down, December is a good time.:) We've shown how easy it is to get down there and its a great adventure. You would be assured of a good welcome when you arrive.

I don't think my credit card has recovered yet from the last trip otherwise I would seriously consider the return trip.

Opening

I have been advised Mrs Naks, Mrs Bhud, Thunder and Mellonie Cheeks are downing the Cocktails in Banjul, head in land tomorrow.

:ChrisKelly

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eKerh8O8BpU?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eKerh8O8BpU?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Hot off the presses! Thunder's still out there, being inundated with bikes needing fixed...

Huge applause for Annette for doing the honours - a really tough job, and I know the thoughts of thousands of others were supporting her. We were thinking of you all - the other riders, the would-be riders, the fund-raisers, and well-wishers. Such a range of emotions that day, but boy, what a way to end the year, finishing something that had been kicked off in the January snows of early 2010.

Excellent news there, well done to all those who made it happen
:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Thanks for taking the trouble to post that Linda, looks like a great day, just sorry I couldn't make it. :( I thought it was fitting and really nice that Anette cut the ribbon. :clap:clap:clap

John.

Thanks for taking the trouble to post that Linda, looks like a great day, just sorry I couldn't make it. :( I thought it was fitting and really nice that Anette cut the ribbon. :clap:clap:clap

John.

What he said.:)

Wish I could have been there. I will return there in the future to ride the completed road.

Nearly a year since we set off on our trek. Weather at home today similar to when we left ie under deep snow.

Thinking of Gert.

What he said.:)

Wish I could have been there. I will return there in the future to ride the completed road.

Nearly a year since we set off on our trek. Weather at home today similar to when we left ie under deep snow.

Thinking of Gert.

Was thinking the same myself.

Saw the post last night but too many shandies to do it justice so watched it properly just now - proper brought a tear or two to my eye.................

:beerjug: to the Calum's Road crew and a special hug for Annette, so glad she was there to see the road opened :)

Andres

Awesome,

Great to see Anette opening road, must have been quite difficult for her :clap

How peoples lives can change from one year to the next !

:beerjug:

It was very moving to be ending the year completing a project that had begun at the very start of 2010 (and in similar weather conditions!)

(And yes I know there was lots of prep and fundraising prior to this year...)

Annette's strength and courage is an inspiration. Understandably it was a very tough week for her, and the heat, dust, mosquitoes and spartan conditions were a trial for us all. But I wouldn't have missed that for the world.

Fantastic, well done to all concerned. Who would have thought….

Back
Top Bottom