The Schuberth S1 verus the Shoei Hornet

Harlequin Dave

Hi am new to this forum, and recently brough new to the GSA, having sold a Blackbird.

I currently have a Schuberth S1 helmet, which I have found amongst the best for reducing noise, but many of the riders I see around on the GS are sporting a duel sport helmets such as the Shoei Hornet, and I falling for the idea thats it a time to change!

But, one thing I have noticed with the GS is that even with a big screen, that there seems to be more rather than less wind noise, so the question is how good at reducing noise is the duel sport helemet? (I have the wrong shape head to fit in an Arai, unfortunately (used to love my Quantum F!!!)

HD

I think if anything a tour-x type lid is going to be even noisier than a full face, I know mine was. I went for the Schuberth C2 after my Tour-X and thought it was considerably better at reducing noise. Helmets like screens are very subjective as it depends on to many variables. Earplugs were a necessity with my Tour-X, with the C2 I don't bother.

I find my C2 extremely noisy compared to both my old S1 and new S1 Pro

I'm a big fan of the S1 pro and they are selling cheap at the mo... I believe the helmet should suit the job and for my money the S1 fits the bill, love it.. And the pin lock visor is fantastic!

Interesting subject. I have been going through a bad patch with helmets at the moment because you have to buy them without being able to 'test ride' them. I am suffering an SI pro at the moment because it seemed great in the shop, very good vision, built in sun visor etc but in every day use I can only put up with it for about 70 miles before it gets uncomfortable. I feel have to persevere because it was so expensive. I now prefer my tatty old BMW dual sport that has taken a lot of make do and mend bodges to keep it in one peace bit it is so comfortable, no more noisy than the SI, better fantastic vision, a peak to keep out the sun and rain, and once you experience a dual sport other helmets feel very claustrophobic. I suppose what I am saying is now that helmets are so expensive you should be able to borrow one for a few days before buying

I have a S1 pro. Fits like a glove. Tried on loads of helmets before I bought it and can wear it all day with no problem. Guess we all have different shaped heads, its just a matter finding a helmet that suits you.

I agree its down to the shape of the head. I think my problem is that I took a small size in the S1 pro and I think this uses the smallest shell that is also used for extra small consequently the lining has to be very thin (it would be thicker in the extra small, to pad it out for smaller heads) maybe if I had fitted the medium that is the smallest head size in a larger shell the lining would be thicker and therefor more comfortable. all uniformed opinion but seems to make sense. Main frustration is not being able to find this out before you buy, as things like this only show after a decent time on the bike.

Back
Top Bottom