Road rides- anyone volunteering?

Bryn

Mod Squad
Reaction score
The off road rides seem to be developing nicely....

If there's anyone willing to lead a road ride ( or two) who know the area it would be appreciated :thumb

Tail end charlies welcome as well :beerjug:

I don't know the area that well but I could do a bit of a mystery tour like last year....it was a mystery to me as well:p

Not a great fan of group riding but would quite like a nice local route of about 100m or so. Anyone got one on a Garmin file?

Ending with a scone-based rendevouz, just to be social of ourse.

Not being a local lad, would be more than happy to join the road ride group thru the beautiful locale, as I've got road tyres...happy to be a tail end charlie if this helps :thumb2

I'll be leading the easy off road this year but here is the route I had planned for 2008 and the route we actually took.

Attachments

• EastMids RoadRide08 planned.gdb
    95.5 KB · Views: 173
  • EastMids actual RoadRide08.gdb
    78.2 KB · Views: 163
I've a copy of last years road route that may be of interest - :nenau

Yes please

I'll be leading the easy off road this year but here is the route I had planned for 2008 and the route we actually took.

Thanks Mr I. Our EA rides tend to get a bit 'modified' along the way. Got praised for finding some great narrow lanes last year when leading in Suffolk. Didn't tell that I'd never seen them before :augie

If we don't have a big pack rideout, how about a rendez vous somewhere about tea o'clock?

Hmm, the 08 route got modified along the way mainly due to the numbers!!
My claim to fame is starting with 60ish bikes and finishing with 1 in tow:D
Long story!!

Both the planed and actual route include some of the most scenic and narrowest lanes in the Peak, some are as close to off roading as you will get without actually off roading:D

Would love to arrange a meet up along the way but the nature of the ride I will be leading makes timing nigh on impossible!

Lets have a beer on the Friday night and it may all seem so much easier:D:D:D

Heres a ride out for Friday - the top road to the "dambuster dams" is shut Sat and Sun - you can only get to the second dam at weekends though - it is a lovely ride up there
Also theres a nice pootle back
Or invert the route and do it tuther way around
Check out the mileage as some of the roads are on the single size so it will take time if yer on the steady side
Best fish and chips is in the market place at Cromford 100yds off the main A6
HTHY :thumb2

Attachments

• to the dams.gdb
    35.6 KB · Views: 171
  • rideout return.gdb
    50.3 KB · Views: 168
Excellent routes everyone. I'm feeling a bit shamed and must put up some Norfolk/Suffolk ones for visitors in the EA section.

Both the planed and actual route include some of the most scenic and narrowest lanes in the Peak, some are as close to off roading as you will get without actually off roading

Bloody perfect for a fat coward like me.

Now... can I winkle Madame off the camp site for a whole day?

Excellent routes everyone. I'm feeling a bit shamed and must put up some Norfolk/Suffolk ones for visitors in the EA section.

Bloody perfect for a fat coward like me.

Now... can I winkle Madame off the camp site for a whole day?

I'd say that's a distinct possibility...:p Subject, of course, there being no deeply hungover Scotsmen who's very lives depend upon the ministration of Diet Irn Bru, paracetamol and coffee :augie

Friday / Saturday Rides

Is there a road ride on Friday ? and is there a ride out saturday with a bit of site seeing involved ? the dam busters looked good but missed it last year. :thumb2

i ride the hills every Saturday.
i will be going on a 160mile ride.
back roads past matlock,bakewell,hartington,yonderman café then up to castelton, edale, thornehill, ladybower then a57 glossop over the tops to homefirth the strines moor, hatersage, bakewell,back roads pass matlock.
no off roading, :augiesome fast roads, good cafés:drool

Back
Top Bottom