Who has the highest milage F650 GS twin ?

I'm getting towards the 100K kilometers mark...
I had all the recall issues taken care off.
At 6000Km I noticed that the front brake was gradually getting worse, I had 3 front disk changes, and a new front wheel in the end.
The petrol tank vent valve did stop functioning (it corroded) and caused the tank to collapse (vacuum). The tank came back in shape afterwards.

I still like the bike, it has all you need...but...I'm thinking of buying a Yamaha Super Ten.

308310_1585269088649_1743440941_777090_617482509_n.jpg

Wow toothless big miles 60,190 makes mine appear to be be just run in :D calapsed Tank is worrying, lucky they are not steel !!! super ten great bike :thumb2 how about the new Triumph 12 adv :thumb

:beerjug:

I prefer the half dollar ones, myself.

good point MikeMike :D :D :beerjug:

Hardly done any miles on mine since purchased in August. It's an 08 model & due a 12k service.
The BMW dealer claimed it had been serviced by them since new but couldn't give me a list of work / recalls done (the service book is stamped by them). Won't ever deal with them again - shoddy customer service once the bike was sold.
Can I find out whether any recalls were done?

Hardly done any miles on mine since purchased in August. It's an 08 model & due a 12k service.
The BMW dealer claimed it had been serviced by them since new but couldn't give me a list of work / recalls done (the service book is stamped by them). Won't ever deal with them again - shoddy customer service once the bike was sold.

Speak to Steve at Rainbow, give him your chassis number or call in at AJ's and ask Dan the same

But the suns out now you will no doubt be notching up the miles :thumb2 :D

Who is the BMW dealer you purchased the bike from? That is bad service.
Having a stamped book, assuming it was originally sold new by them I would not leave it there, the manager should surely deal with it on your behalf, even if he has to call the original owner and jog their memory as what was carried out. And Or take the bike in and check all.

It's disgraceful is what it is, The manager should be pressing to regain your faith and custom, who are the scoundrels ?

I have an 08 also my main dealers where I purchased new have had a bad press here but have to say, they have made a couple of mistakes, some of the laughable but given the opportunity they have done me good so personally I can not fault them :beerjug:

I mean seriously, how many GS riders can say that they went into there dealership with there pillion for a service and some other work and was offered a scooter loaner to do the 70+ mile round trip before returning (in a twat jacket, really :nenau) :nenau

I was booked to have a F700GS but they sold it, sat on the scooter twist and go, pulled up the clutch, got of again had a word no swearing involved and rode off with the f8GS (even that had a weird indicator switch system, all on the left :D

wow! :bounce1

Must try harder! :)

Of to Austria this year two up, as well as Scotland! That should help!

I'm doing similar but the other way first Lands End solo, then later in August, lazily through Belgium, into Germany heading for the Black forest, don't think we will have time for Austria :nenau, if not turn right into France and back to Blighty :thumb2:D

Surely, as he is always out and about we must be passing Micky of the F8's on our travels, I have calculated if we twiddle with his milometer :toungincheek :eek so that it counts backwards, in up to 5 years (if we get out more), combined we could surpass him :D:D :beerjug:

I'm doing similar but the other way first Lands End solo, then later in August, lazily through Belgium, into Germany heading for the Black forest, don't think we will have time for Austria :nenau, if not turn right into France and back to Blighty :thumb2:D

Surely, as he is always out and about we must be passing Micky of the F8's on our travels, I have calculated if we twiddle with his milometer :toungincheek :eek so that it counts backwards, in up to 5 years (if we get out more), combined we could surpass him :D:D :beerjug:

Sounds good, look forward to the pics! :thumb Must meet up for a fry up, if nothing else it puts more miles on the bike!:D

So we are off 800GS hunting, like the idea! Would be funny when he gets into the minus figures! Won't take him long!

08 plate - mine from new = 37k.

Off t'Alps in a couple of weeks, so will be just over 40k shortly.

No probs with mine at all :thumb2

Speak to Steve at Rainbow, give him your chassis number or call in at AJ's and ask Dan the same
Thank you. Heard lots of good things about Rainbow but their car park is a short-legged person's nightmare :eek:

Who is the BMW dealer you purchased the bike from?
Williams of Manchester
Claimed they knew the owner intimately. When I asked about crash damage he was suddenly "just a customer". :nenau
Fortunately, they are not my nearest BMW dealer.

In the end I went up to 107.000km with my F650GS...and got a 2015 R1200GS instead.
Still got 1250€ for the good old F650GS...it needed new tyres, the paint on the engine was going at a alarming rate...front suspension needed new oil...headlight glass was cracked...general corrosion was lurking around...new chain and sprocket set was needed...brake pads had to be changed...

Enjoyed the bike! Did it all!
But compared to the R1200GS....that's another world all together!

50,698 miles so far and going strong.

New Alternator and rectifier and battery.

No issue other than that.

Would get another. (This is my 2nd bike of this model)

88120 miles on a 61 plate, still running sweet as a nut (I'm only responsible for about 4000 of those miles in the past 3 months)

Note: battery is still good, so only new rec n stator. Optimate recovered it fine.

Don't plan on changing this bike anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom