Saturday rides

Aidan1150

Nice but unfortunate husband.
Mod Squad
Reaction score
There is no set agenda for the Saturday in Killarney, but I will probably take a run out to a Photo Rally point near Ballyferriter and will be taking Mr K to a pub that makes it's own real ale. We will also stop of at Antarctic explorer Tom Crean's pub, the South Pole Inn.

If you want to come along for the run then you will be very welcome.

route.jpg

Attachments

• Saturday Ride.gdb
    108.5 KB · Views: 169
Gerry C has also posted a couple of suggestions for rides. Hopefully he can post the Garmin files here. :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Now that I look at it Gerry's second route looks pretty much like mine, apart from the off-road that is. :D

I will try to be there for ten am. Don't wait for me if I am late... Have not ridden on the Dingle in ten years so looks like the one for me:thumb2, but I'll miss out the Glencar bit to go back for a pint at the hotel:beer: before heading home again:hide

There is no set agenda for the Saturday in Killarney, but I will probably take a run out to a Photo Rally point near Ballyferriter and will be taking Mr K to a pub that makes it's own real ale. We will also stop of at Antarctic explorer Tom Crean's pub, the South Pole Inn.

If you want to come along for the run then you will be very welcome.

route.jpg

How do you propose to drag Mr. K away from the pubs of Killarney:augie:beerjug:

Happy to follow the leader :thumb2

never lead us astray in the past.

(definitions of 'astray' may vary) :augie

:D

Put us down as probables......

As long as I don't have too much of the craic on Friday night :D

Gerry C has also posted a couple of suggestions for rides. Hopefully he can post the Garmin files here. ................

Well why not

Attachments

• Alternative ROK.gdb
    62.8 KB · Views: 152
  • Kilgarvan Priests Leap.gdb
    54.8 KB · Views: 159
  • Healy pass.gdb
    90.7 KB · Views: 153
I plan to take a little run out to Dingle. Never made it over there when we were in Tralee in the summer so thought I'd put it right :)

So just out of interest, who aims to do what...

A wild guess, but are a lot of people staying in Kilarney and not riding at all????:augie

Sorry Richie,
only noticed this now.
That would be unlikely in my experience - unless it's lashing down i'd reckon there'll be many Tossers scattered about the roads of the Kingdom! :thumb2

how about this for a plan
i am going for a run on Saturday no set plan but will follow the opinion of the collective wisdom (eg follow what sounds like the best run for scenery and craic)
my Mrs however is going to crash out in the hotel and may even venture in for a look around killarney town on Saturday:augie:augie
result everyone happy :D:D

Guys, I have a very limited time scale for this weekend as I am looking after younger son and my father is showing up for the weekend.

I aim to be there sat morning at about 9 30 - 10... Then go for a run with yee...

Or if anyone is interested will run down through the Borlin and Priests leap up over the healey pass ... Then I will head home and yee can make your own way back to Kilarney...

Just putting a feeler out, some of the best bits of road in West Cork...

There were some sore looking people at the Hotel this morning... I left home about 7:20 and got there just before 9.

Had the pleasure of meeting ASH SAM Trev and Toad first....

Anyways a few groups headed off towards Dingle and a few looked like they had no intention of doing anything.....

Nud1e and myself did the Borlin, Priests Leap and Healey pass.:thumb

I am home and Nud1e is probably back at the hotel by now....

I reckon there will be some sorer heads tomorrow....

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom