Carry on up The Cotswolds

Toad

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Carry on up The Cotswolds

Join the first Costwolds based UKGSer event!

19th – 21st August 2011

A bargain for only £5 per person per night.

A back to basics camping weekend on the outskirts of Long Compton on the Oxfordshire/Warwickshire border on the edge of the beautiful Cotswolds.

Back to basics means that there is no shower!

Location – Mill Farm Camping, Long Compton, Warwickshire, CV36 5NZ

Camping and wobblyboxes only on site although there are B&Bs available in the area.

Pre-booked food will be available on Friday and Saturday evenings (£5 per person), and breakfast will also be available. Otherwise you are welcome to cater for yourselves.

Please bring you own drinks. If there is sufficient interest I can get a barrel or two laid on from the local Hook Norton Brewery.

At the moment there is likely to be a Road Ride, an Off-Road Ride, and a Tosser’s Tour of the local Hook Norton Brewery which is less than 5 miles from the site.

The site allow dogs, camp fires and children, although you do have to bring your own, and clear up after them!

There may even be stickers……

So, who’s up for it?

Put me down as a definate, possible :blast

Will make it all being well

Will there be tee shirts and stickers :D

will there be any :augie

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J0J9FdN8oqA?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J0J9FdN8oqA?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B9iMBAn9N-w?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B9iMBAn9N-w?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I`m off shift that weekend so reckon I`ll be there.

Put me on the list please Mr Mainwaring. :D

Hmm....better order a Ural clutch cable asap.....:augie

Think me and Stan may just be able to get that far :D:thumb2

What facilities are there?

:cool:

There are toilets, and a field:thumb2

I'll be providing a kitchen tent to cook the food in and a sort of mini marquee in case of inclement weather.

There are miles and miles of beautiful biking roads:clap

There are toilets, and a field:thumb2

I'll be providing a kitchen tent to cook the food in and a sort of mini marquee in case of inclement weather.

There are miles and miles of beautiful biking roads:clap

What kind of turlets?

:cool:

There are proper flushing loos:thumb2

I may also get a portaloo if numbers demand it.....

I am interested.

Could people who have done the Hooky Tour just go to the Brewery Tap, just down the road and drink, whilst Hooky Noobs get enlightenment?

:friday

Feckit! I'm in.

The site allow dogs, camp fires and children, although you do have to bring your own, and clear up after them!

Does this mean SWMBO is allowed along?

Put me down as possibly a definate maybe, don't rough it so will depend on availability and price of local B&B's and the next couple of months overtime.

Could make rideouts from the comfort of my own home :thumb

I am interested.

Could people who have done the Hooky Tour just go to the Brewery Tap, just down the road and drink, whilst Hooky Noobs get enlightenment?

:friday

Feckit! I'm in.

Oh yes:clap

Good man:thumb2

Dan put me down for a nice pitch :D working Friday but will be down Sat+Sun :hug

All you need is the Oirish to turn up and you will be able to actually talk about every detail of your lives :D

Does this mean SWMBO is allowed along?

Put me down as possibly a definate maybe, don't rough it so will depend on availability and price of local B&B's and the next couple of months overtime.

Could make rideouts from the comfort of my own home :thumb

There is a nearby B&B - Tallet Barn, Long Compton.

There are also rooms available at The Red Lion which is about 1/2 a mile away.

Back
Top Bottom