Tom from the i2i motorcycle academy

tomkilleen

Hi all.

I run the i2i motorcycle academy and we get so many riders booking after reading something on this site. Many of our participants come on here and post articles about their experiences with us. And I just wanted to join and say thanks for all the kind words.

We run Machine Control courses for road bikes and off road bikes, so many GS riders come to us to learn how to ride their machine more confidently. Just yesterday I was demoing on a GS 1200 with my knee on the ground just to show riders that these bikes will really do it if the riders stops getting in the way. We also do off road training with kit and bikes provided. Based in York but we get riders from all over the UK.

Any way thanks for all the support.

all the best
Tom
ww.i2imca.com
info@i2imca.com

Hi Tom
Did a variety of your courses about 3-4 years ago (Dave- bald git, Black Triumph Sprint at the time) and found them excellent. Best lessons brought home the inherent stability of the bike, the importance of relaxing and avoiding involuntary rider input. Trust you are thriving...the subscription might well be worthwhile to keep on the right side of the grumpy ones.

doing the "subscriber" already in process. But appreciate you syaing it anyway. so many riders I already have met on here!!

Hi Tom
Did a variety of your courses about 3-4 years ago (Dave- bald git, Black Triumph Sprint at the time) and found them excellent. Best lessons brought home the inherent stability of the bike, the importance of relaxing and avoiding involuntary rider input. Trust you are thriving...the subscription might well be worthwhile to keep on the right side of the grumpy ones.

There was 3 of you was there not!! well not 2 of you, but 3 of yee if you get me!!!

how are you?
tom

There was 3 of you was there not!! well not 2 of you, but 3 of yee if you get me!!!

how are you?
tom
Now thriving in Shropshire...John & Si also doing well (although Si hasn't got a bike at the moment and John is as miserable as ever). Looking forward to avoiding unnecessary rider input in the Alps in June...

Hi Tom

Hi Tom,
Me and the Missus did a course last year.. Tim and Lek, you may remember Lek who is even smaller than you, but loved the big KTM 450 after you showed her how it doesn't really matter about seat hts once you have the confidence :D

Just in the process of booking some more courses with you. Look forward to meeting you all again soon.

Tim and Lek :thumb2

Hi Tom

I have now completed 2 of your off road courses, and for anyone reading this thread, they are the best days I have spent on a motorcycle.

The training given was second to none.

I have had no off road training and by the end of the day we all got to do this sort of thing.

Thanks again Tom I had a blast.

Will be back im sure.

Regards Tony Purnell (Sheffield)

I'm very proud of these pics.

Attachments

• Jump.jpg
    Jump.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 1,268
  • jump1.jpg
    jump1.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 1,227
Excellent course. I did MC 1 & 3 in 2008. Learnt a lot including that being in M/C gear on an airfield with no shade when the temperature is over 30C is quite tiring. :D

Great to see you here Tom. Did MC2 with my girlfriend Emma, she was the one who had only just passed her CBT a couple of weeks before.

Great courses and looking forward to doing some more with you. Perhaps get you to come down and run the machine control courses down south one weekend, sure you'd have many people who'd take you up on it.

Cheers,

Justin.

wow, i didint expect all you guys to come back so fast.
love those photos of jumps, really sharp too and they look quite high which is a little alarming, is there not a law which does not allow that much fun in one go!!!!

There is lots of stuff going on with us at the moement. I was just in Swindon last night presenting a a ROSPA group who also want us to run some courses for them so as always I am game but we need a venue. So now we have a load of people looking for somewhere to run courses "down south".

I will go anywhere there riders wanted to do our course, we just need numbers, and venue and we are there!!

good to hear from you all anyway.
tom

...I was just in Swindon last night presenting a a ROSPA group ...
tom

Nice to see you there :).
I'd heard lots about i2i from the Curvies so just had to find out for myself what you were all about.....
Once a venue is found I am sure there will be no problem in getting the numbers :clap

Venue needs to be large enough to get up to say...40mph for about 10 seconds and wide enough to turn around safely. I think about 270 yards by 80 yards is about big enough. old airfields or the like works really well.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom