****ing great little rideout to the baker

franco

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
****ing sun was shing, so I thought get the bast*rd bike out for a run to the baker as we've got some pals coming for a BBQ today. Lived next to this village for years but hadn't thought of getting a bike photie near it. :D

p4172309-XL.jpg

Lazy cnuts want to cut their ****ing grass though

p4172310-XL.jpg

Time was of the essence but I though "**** it" I'm taking the tiddly way home. Nice little track which runs round the back of the olive farms to the hoose.

p4172312-XL.jpg

Another ****ing river to cross. I was shi**ting meself...:D

p4172313-XL.jpg

Continues up through the woods, with ****ing trees everywhere...

p4172314-XL.jpg

I was glad I went up here, this is the b*l*ocks

p4172315-XL.jpg

Some ****ing olive trees, freshly pruned back

p4172317-XL.jpg

Further doon the hill

p4172318-XL.jpg

Finally back on the tarmac which was much better for my arse...pish !*

p4172322-XL.jpg

F***ing great little ride report and f***ing pics you c**t, or should that be..........
Caaaaaaaaaaahrnt :D

Ha ha, cheers fellas. Sorry Bryn, can't help meself. Wife thinks I'm going through my 2nd childhood. 2nd?? I'm still in the first one, no sign of that stopping :)

@Steve ya fahrkin chaarnt, 'ahd a fahrkin great afternoon, BBQ rose, and beer, ah've got fahrkin work tomorrow, kids are all in front of the PS3, I'm on the terrace with wine....:D

franco those tracks look the dogs , cant we come and crash at your house and you give us a guided tour :augie :D

Ha ha ha, actually those tracks today are REALLY tame. There are however some lovely ones up in the Alps which I intend to get some action on at some stage this year. Funny enough, for our pals coming today, thought I'd cut the grass so the kids could feck around playing footy and leave the adults in peace on the terrace. How many tents you think you could squeeze in here?

p4162308-XL.jpg

Like this?

Tracks like this, with the fort at the top of the Col De Tende, run all along the Alps on the border between France and Italy, now THEY are THE dogs :D

620624595_xyvSj-XL.jpg

Tracks like this, with the fort at the top of the Col De Tende, run all along the Alps on the border between France and Italy, now THEY are THE dogs :D

620624595_xyvSj-XL.jpg

i'll fit my tent anywhere dont worry about that , and bring the ktm and have great fun on those tracks :clap

This one was taken further up, looking back towards the French border.

620650996_gMzbB-XL.jpg

More extensive view of the track here...

620651364_zfw92-XL.jpg

This is the view looking back to the old Col de Tende from the second fort...

620635149_y4Zcm-XL.jpg

:D I'll speak to the wife....I feel a tour coming on :augie We'll be busy in the summer, but maybe do something in September, before the snow comes....:augie

Your a lucky man franco having that on your doorstep , [alot say that to me living in the forest but cant see it !! ] . If you ever need anything fixing w/machine ,car, plumbing etc etc just give me a shout and i'll pop over and have a look :D:D

Can you build extensions? :augie I am very, very, very lucky. Sometimes tae it for granted, but when I get on the bike and head to the hills, I remember why we moved here 10 years ago. Don't miss Bromley tooooo much :D

:D I'll speak to the wife....I feel a tour coming on :augie We'll be busy in the summer, but maybe do something in September, before the snow comes....:augie

If there's an option to express an interest in a Spetember trip......:augie

ME PLEASE SIR:bounce1:bounce1

You know, after years of being on this site and 10 years in France taking photos of the local area to annoy the rain-plagued Brits off, maybe I should organise something.
To be honest, I don't like riding in big groups, but for a few days....hmmm. Hardest thing is the time to prepare all this. I've appreciated the efforts of like's of Spanish Bob when we went to the Picos and had a brilliant time. Always loads to do at work too, but might look into this...'might' mind you. Once I sober up tomorrow, I'll deny all knowledge of this of course. Still it seems a shame that so many of you seem to come down here, do the Gorges du Verdon, Route Napoleon, Route des Grandes Alpes etc. But there is SOOOO much more to enjoy round here..
Maybe I should keep me mouth shut and keep the roads to meself..:blast

France in Summer - too hot, full of tourists clogging up the roads, and GS Adventure owners parked on blind corners taking endless pictures of their bikes. Rubbish food, over-rated roads, and meaningless "col" signs on every minor elevation change in the road.

Bromley is a better place without you and remains reassuringly expensive.

:pullface

Bromley

Crickey,

Bromley used to be nice now its full of drunk screaming oiks duffing each other up or selling each other gear. Gimme France any day of the week :augie

Back
Top Bottom