Workshop jobs

Hope no-one trips over that loose carpet :rolleyes:

Attachments

• DSCF1153.jpg
    DSCF1153.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 187
With all the doddery old fecks about if one goes they'll all go, it'll be like a full strike in a bowling alley

Reminds me of the incident last year when one drunken idiot crashed the unicycle into the table and sent drinks, glasses, food etc flying everywhere.

I would have banned the idiot from this years event but I have to be there.:D

On a more serious note.

Ultra Sonic Carb Cleaning

I met a chap at a recent Auto Fair who does Ultra Sonic Carb Cleaning and charges £20 per carb or two for £35. He offered to attend the Wee'kend and clean carbs on site.

Instead, I have invested in an Ultra Sonic cleaner myself.:) I'll give it a try with all of the airheads in the workshop at the moment and get the hang of it during the next week. Don't know yet how long it takes but I think we should be able to do a fair few bits and pieces.

It will be available for use over the wee-kend and won't cost you £35 per pair of Bings (or whatever else you may have fitted). A few quid in the charity pot and everyones a winner:)

Hello, I need to replace the my steering head bearings in my G/S, and just wondered if this is to big a job to do at the Wee-Kend? I have the bearings, c-spanner etcetera... though no idea how to get the old ones out without causing serious damage, to either myself or the bike :blast Could do with some guidance :thumb

It's due an MOT this week, and my father and I have adjusted them as best we can for that though they are pretty notchy. Taken the play out and the steerings stiff, so not terribly pleasant.

Looking forward to it either way :beerjug:

Hello, I need to replace the my steering head bearings in my G/S, and just wondered if this is to big a job to do at the Wee-Kend? I have the bearings, c-spanner etcetera... though no idea how to get the old ones out without causing serious damage, to either myself or the bike :blast Could do with some guidance :thumb

It's due an MOT this week, and my father and I have adjusted them as best we can for that though they are pretty notchy. Taken the play out and the steerings stiff, so not terribly pleasant.

Looking forward to it either way :beerjug:

I have replaced the steering head bearings on my 80/7, just make sure you have all the parts required, not sure if the GS is the same but there is a thin metal cup washer under the lower bearing which is easy to damage when removing the bearing, so may be a good idea to have one to hand, also spanner for fork top and head nuts, 32mm on the 80/7 or is it 36 whichever I have one. Small holes can be drilled in the frame headstock and the bearing punched out through these holes, or a bead of weld with a stick welder around the inside of the outer bearing surface to shrink it out.
Whatever you do there will be plenty of help and much more expertise than I have to hand :thumb2.

Nice rocker covers :D
It looks like they have been swopped Left-for-Right. As they are the bright lines on the covers slope too much front-to-back. There's an L or an R marked in the groove in the cover under where the plug leads go IIRC. :)

Back
Top Bottom