high milage

kingo

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
hi all, its time for a 1150 adventure after years of head down arse up, after having a go on my mates gs last weekend its the one for me, can anybody advise me on whats considered high mileage and what to lookout for and if anybody has one for sale in the essex- suffolk area please contact me many thanks kingo.

I wouldn't worry too much about mileage, go by the overall condition and maybe some sort of service record (bearing in mind 1150's are very easy to maintain by owners).

They aren't considered to be fully run in until 20,000+ miles.

You are better off with a non servo bike as the servos can and do fail. Don't be put off a good bike though just because it has the servo brakes as they can be easily and cheaply removed. Threads stickied on this site.

If used all year and not scrupulously cleaned corrosion becomes a significant issue on front engine case and crankcases as well as gearbox, swing arm and final drive and fork legs/lower brace.

I'd consider 500,000 miles to be high mileage.

Mines on 69,000 so it's just a spring chicken.

Regards

Rob C

Post any sales links on here and you'll get a good idea if you're not sure. (as well as a load of banter too :D)

Mine is running sweet as ever at a lowly 170,000 miles. :)

Most owners tend to keep hold of them as they are pretty good bikes for nearly all journeys. - With that in mind, don't expect to get bargains on bikes with less than 35k miles. Mine has 75k and still runs sweetly . I wouldn't be to worried about bikes with high mileages as condition counts for a lot.

Mine is used daily 365 days a year - and you can tell.

They aren't considered to be fully run in until 20,000+ miles.
19K miles on my current GSA 1150 (had 120k on the old one) This one is just about done using oil, so close to being run in :thumb

Back
Top Bottom