Great weekend

Thanks for a great time Sid and many thanks to your willing band of helpers this event really is something special.

Sid and the team
Ta very much for a great weekend good food and great company and I learrn't a lot about air heads
Cheers. :beerjug:
Eddie

Great weekend Sid. Thanks to all who put in so much hard work, chefs etc.

Cheers

Did you shite the bed ? Only explanation of why no one heard or saw you leave and for you to get back home by 10 clock :D

many thanks to sid and team for another great wee-kend :)

is there any truth in the rumour that the event is moving to wales next year to increase the level of rainfall?

Thanks Sid and Ann for opening your home up to a load of (mostly) old tossers and making it THE EVENT OF THE YEAR once again, also thanks to all who helped.

Yes many thanks Sid and Friends for making it a cracking weekend. Went to watch only and ended up replacing the front wheel bearing (well I fetched the tools at least) :nenau.

Many thanks to all those who made it possible for me to get home.:bow

Wheel bearings lasted the run, though something strange going on with it so will take the shop in the coming week or so.

Billy

I would like to thank Ann and Sid, Babs and Proff,and not forgeting the cook of the event Simon for sorting out the best doooo of the year for us aged bike bikers :bow :thumb2

Thanks to all that were ther for the craic and banter :clap

Can only agree with previous comments. Many , many thanks to Sid and Anne for opening their home and all the hard work by them and others, Sumprat for this cooking skills and for making me laugh on Sat night. (gawd knows how he got up to do breckies, Proff and especially Barb, the BBQ team and anyone else I may have forgotten. Especially all the other Tossers who make this such a pleasant, enjoyable event..... Totally bonkers the lot of you:D
Just a funny aside,When I got home .I have to get the bike off the trailer at the top of the drive then take the trailer off the motorhome and walk it down the rather steep drive to the side of the garage before backing the motorhome down to the side of the house. First bit went well and the bike was put in the garage, doors left open. Trailer lined up and started off down the drive ,controlling the speed with the handbrake. Bloody thing started to gather speed so I let the lever up to apply the brake.... you guessed it, FA happened and the trailer set off at an ever increasing rate of knots, I went and fell over so let go and had to watch as the bloody thing first hit the side of the drive on the left, changed its mind and decided to attack the right hand side before casting its beady eye on the open garage door with my nice RT sitting snugly inside... Good job I had decided to not bother washing her until tpomorrow. I had to watch helpless as it changed direction again and headed towards our car, then thankfully it took an instant dislike to our nice new plastic drainpipe outside the front door and ended up shattering it and finally coming to rest. Gave it a bloody good thrashing, I can tell you:blast

Great weekend Sid, big thanks to your team of helpers.

Ann and Barb deserve medals.

I would also like to thank Ann and Sid, Babs and Proff, Simon and team for the food.

Great event, wasn’t sure what to expect but took alot in and learnt some lessons which will help in the future.

Thanks to all for such a great weekend, I look forward to the next one:beerjug::beerjug:

Home by 20:45. Averaged 50mph including stops.

A good weekend, special thanks to Sid and Ann for opening their house for the event and to everyone involved in the planning and execution.

Did you shite the bed ? Only explanation of why no one heard or saw you leave and for you to get back home by 10 clock :D

Up at 5 wheels turning by 530.
Got the bathroom floor tiled once home and as a result plenty of brownie points banked :thumb

Would like to add our thanks to all who made this weekend a great event. Sid, Ann, Barbra, the inimitable Proff, not forgetting Simon the breakfast king :thumb2

Thanks Val & Jill

PS:
Just a funny aside,When I got home .I have to get the bike off the trailer at the top of the drive then take the trailer off the motorhome and walk it down the rather steep drive to the side of the garage before backing the motorhome down to the side of the house. First bit went well and the bike was put in the garage, doors left open. Trailer lined up and started off down the drive ,controlling the speed with the handbrake. Bloody thing started to gather speed so I let the lever up to apply the brake.... you guessed it, FA happened and the trailer set off at an ever increasing rate of knots, I went and fell over so let go and had to watch as the bloody thing first hit the side of the drive on the left, changed its mind and decided to attack the right hand side before casting its beady eye on the open garage door with my nice RT sitting snugly inside... Good job I had decided to not bother washing her until tpomorrow. I had to watch helpless as it changed direction again and headed towards our car, then thankfully it took an instant dislike to our nice new plastic drainpipe outside the front door and ended up shattering it and finally coming to rest. Gave it a bloody good thrashing, I can tell you:blast

That was close :thumb2

You know the caravan club lay on reversing courses don't you? :D

Alternetively 'and somewhat more fun' you could fit a dickie seat and a set of twitch brakes. To add a little extra control of course :augie

Glad the damage was limited to a plastic drain pipe, could have been so much worse. :tears

Hi I got back safe and sound ,it took about seven hours 320 miles after we said farewell at Sid's place:thumb2
The G/S is much better for its new parts and an oil change:thumb
thanks a million Sid Ann,Babs,Simon,Proff.
Also can you thank Nigel for the loan of the special tools.
A memorable event for lots of reasons:friday
Thanks a million for the practical help ,advice ,laughs and listening .

Just having a horlick in my new mug .

Jase have your parts arrived yet???......:reynolds

Last edited:
My camper fuel gauge had only gone into the red as I arrived at Sid's on Thursday, so imagine my surprise when I ran out half way up a Devon hill after about 10 miles on the way home :blast
I've not had that happen for more years than I can remember, and was saved by Proff getting two cans filled and driving 20 miles out to me, and no, I couldn't unload my bike and go get it myself as the clutch plate had an 'Ooh-nasty' on Sunday morning and was not ridable, so thanks for that Keith.
Lots of time and effort goes in to giving us all an event like that, and it's much appreciated.

Encore to all the thanks that have already been expressed

Good bikeS
Good company
Good time

And you can add to that good beer and good food.

Thank's to Sid and the team for a very enjoyable Friday evening and Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom