Hotel in Budapest ?

mozza666

Reaction score
Does anyone know a half decent hotel in Budapest which has secure parking. Planning a 3 wekk tour in August and fancy a stopoff for a weekend. Needs to be central(ish) and secure parking.

Most of the ones on Expedia seem to charge extra for parking which is fine but not sure if they're that secure.

Cheers

I go a couple a times per month and have done for the last 18 months, I always stay in the Intercontinental which has an underground carpark - sorry not sure if it's free for residents.

I did two nights at the Ibis Budapest. Reasonably central, as getting into town was quite easy on the tube. Opposite a big shopping thing, so you can buy your own provisions rather than eat at a restaurant.

Bike wasn't stolen when parked in the open car park outside the front entrance. 1st night locked to four/five other GSss, and second night by itself.

Does anyone know a half decent hotel in Budapest which has secure parking. Planning a 3 wekk tour in August and fancy a stopoff for a weekend. Needs to be central(ish) and secure parking.

Most of the ones on Expedia seem to charge extra for parking which is fine but not sure if they're that secure.

Cheers

I go regularly but use a hotel not central but its one of the best out door pool, gym, 4 star service and food and a very freindly staff Hotel Normafa, 10 min bus to centre 2.7 forints about £1.00. others that i have seen or had friends stay at are hotel Flamenco on Villiani Ut (ut = Street)
Novotel alcotas Utca (Utc = Road)
Visited both and have indoor pools and all have car parks these are all on the Buda side. 10 min walk to bridges but best to jump on a tram.
Buda side has a lot to see castle district and a beer overlooking the river not to be missed the fishermas bastion is in the same area. Near the palace you can get the fanicular train down the hill cross the river and you are in pest, shopps this side but parlament is open, go early to avoid waiting. Statue park is well worth a visit either taxi while you are off the bikes or ride on the way out of budapest. its around 20 mins away. You will have a great time i love Hungary and the people are so friendly, our freinds are coming here in 2 weeks time as we were over there at easter. but would go over at a drop of a hat. I usually blast to Munich or Vienna but have done it in one go, dont forget your vingnet at the boarder its cheap and electronic just stop at one of the little cubicals and pay they take euros.

Gray

www.bikercamp.hu - basic but comfy rooms inside as well as the camping option. Well esthablished on the travelling route and a well stocked honesty bar outside! I lived there for a month in 2006 when I first moved out here!!!

Family run place and part of BMW history!!

Plus 1. Extended stay for bike related issues a couple of years ago. Good public transport links to city centre. Honesty bar, cellar bar with free computer/wifi. Very secure for the bikes. Good BMW main dealer in town if needed. B&B rooms tired and sombre but very clean.

Another :thumb2 for Bikercamp. You'll meet others there who are travelling and pick up loads of tips for places to see and visit on and around your intended route.
If you're into live music pay a visit to Old Man Pub, good beer and good music, getting a bit popular now though.
A visit to the Harley dealers is worth it to, even if you're not into Harleys (i'm not!) It's run by a great couple of guys and there is a good cafe above that turns into a nightclub of an evening http://www.harley.hu/find-us

Looks like the bikercamp is a better option than the City Centre hotels then. I'll save my hotel stay for later in the trip.

Cheers all and thanks for the vignette heads up.

Looks like the bikercamp is a better option than the City Centre hotels then. I'll save my hotel stay for later in the trip.

Cheers all and thanks for the vignette heads up.

+1 for Norfama one of the nicesest hotels i have stayed in and its only a bus ride from town.
If you want a cheap good hotel with parking have a look at the hotel botel lisa its floating hotel on the outskirts, but on the tram/train network right into the center at Boraros ter

Stayed at the Corinthia in Feb.
If they,d allowed bikers in, Id have gone somewhere else.

:cool::cool::cool:

Back
Top Bottom