I know what

BAKERMAN

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
While in your mind, I need your imput please make the ideas constructive.

I know what I could have done better.

Two things in hand are OUTSIDE BEER BAR and Tea table monitor.

ANY THING ELSE please CONSTRUCTIVE

Just a quick one fella,

How about user name badges? I'd have worn one.

Being a newbie to UKGSER events I spent a fair bit of time wondering who was who so to speak?

Just an idea :thumb

I have to say ... (we had a quick chat on Sunday morning (990 Adv) that is was a bloody fantastic weekend in all aspects! I amazed how relaxed you looked throughout!

a taller/ bigger tent... cos the bands heads all looked chopped off and the beams got in the way abit from further back. it could also be a wet weather/ sun protection area...

otherwise it was the best one I've been to so far...

thanks very much for all the hard work Steve...that you and everyone put in to make it work.

Less elvis:nenau more blues brothers:thumb2:thumb2:thumb

I'm with Shep on this - I think Elvis has done his time.

Blues Brothers were a complete hit - brilliant. I missed a large chunk due to babysitting duties, but could hear from the tent:thumb2

I wouldn't be too bothered about an outside bar - sounds like alot of effort in comparison to a few steps up to a fully equipped bar:nenau

It's a great event Steve - you've little to worry about:thumb2

Maybe a bit less Elvis.

Other than that, 'if it ain't broke don't fix it':thumb

We all reckoned it was the best Hograost yet:thumb

Wasn't able to join you this weekend but on the choice of music, Ska bands are great at bike do's.
Tiff had a local band playing at her weekend in Lands End earlier this year and they were brilliant, everyone ends up dancing :steptoe

I'd love to come up with something brilliant but I can't. It was great just as it was.

Perhaps less Elvis though.

I thought that Elvis should have been a little further away from the food queue - somewhere like Basingstoke would have been fine!

I heard his 'Don't clap on your own' joke(?) three time while I was queuing.

:rolleyes:

Greg

More Elvis...... :hide

......and then get him to repair the broken crapper in the gents!:D

T.

I thought that Elvis should have been a little further away from the food queue - somewhere like Basingstoke would have been fine!

I heard his 'Don't clap on your own' joke(?) three time while I was queuing.

:rolleyes:

Greg

It was a great, relaxed weekend. I agree that perhaps Elvis maybe past his best, or maybe just a shorter gig?

I would have like to see the hog roasting! A few others commented on this too.

Maybe some more picnic tables for folks to sit round during the day / evening?

All meant as vague suggestions, not criticism. :thumb

I've got one - not sure it's possible, but I'd have loved some wifi...............

I would have like to see the hog roasting! A few others commented on this too.

Thats not really viable for large numbers of people, as the pigs are roasted in steves bakery ovens.

I did go along and help the "two daves" into the oven as they are heavy buggers and need a lot of man handling into the ovens.

2r3fuqx.jpg

op0nxx.jpg

A two headed pig ...

30subtx.jpg

... Two things in hand are OUTSIDE BEER BAR
An success of an outside bar is obviously weather dependent. OK, so far it's only rained once out of the 5 Hograosts I've attended, but you can bet that the minute you go to the expense and effort to get an outside bar, there will be a hurricane warning. :rolleyes:

My suggestion would be more custard donuts. You can never have too many custard donuts. :D

Thats not really viable for large numbers of people, as the pigs are roasted in steves bakery ovens.

I did go along and help the "two daves" into the oven as they are heavy buggers and need a lot of man handling into the ovens.

2r3fuqx.jpg

op0nxx.jpg

A two headed pig ...

30subtx.jpg

If only Steve's veggie customers knew:D:D

I've got one - not sure it's possible, but I'd have loved some wifi...............

Might be up for trying to do that, depends if the 'Three' network signal is up to much, or if they have an ADSL connection in the clubhouse.

Custard doughnuts - bugger, missed those, my favourite. Although I suspect the "tea table monitor" would have the main duty of preserving the doughnut stock against the lard monsters.

Perhaps Slimbo could be persuaded to do an afternoon DJ session from the comfort of his yellow abode, as an alternative to Elvis?

I did get the impression that there were fewer sprogs, and fewer sprog activities this year, was that 'policy' or just how it panned out?

there were were custard donuts?

noooooooooooooooooooooooo, i missed them :tears

Might be up for trying to do that, depends if the 'Three' network signal is up to much, or if they have an ADSL connection in the clubhouse.

Custard doughnuts - bugger, missed those, my favourite. Although I suspect the "tea table monitor" would have the main duty of preserving the doughnut stock against the lard monsters.

Perhaps Slimbo could be persuaded to do an afternoon DJ session from the comfort of his yellow abode, as an alternative to Elvis?

I did get the impression that there were fewer sprogs, and fewer sprog activities this year, was that 'policy' or just how it panned out?

I had a very good 3 Mifi signal where we were:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom