2005 GS Easter Meeting Holland

Erm, a slight problem

Hi Lucky Luke,
I won't go into the whys and wherefores but, if i need to can i come along on my Yamaha XT600? my GS1100 may not be available to do the trip.
HENRY (of HENRY and Kirsten)
Kirst will be on her 650 Dakar.

Henry

I guess you'll sneak in under the 'partner of a GS rider' rule, you great poof ;-).

But Luc will have the final say so.

C U there.

Simon and Georgie

I've just clocked the piccies at the beginning of this thread and I think Henry is overestimating my OFFROADING COMPLETE NOVICE capabilities on my Dakar. And is he going to pay for the knobblies?! Anyway, sadly (or thankfully, as the case may be) I am just about to start training for my new job so now may not be able to attend. But I'll let H go on my Dakar if he really wants to.

Just how difficult would it be, though, if I do manage to go? Any advice gratefully received. :eek:

Greetings
I own a R1200GS but I'm Jewish can i attend. Are all GS meetings like this ? If so I'm selling it !! now i know why BMW riders get a hard time.
Yours disillusioned Gary

Cogs and Lisa

Hello there,
So when are you sailing? I'm looking forward to it even if i do have to go on my XT- i'd rather do that than go on Kirsts' Dakar cos she cannot make it. It is my 48th birthday on the saturday so am looking forward to breaking my leg again on the Sunday-got a bit of a tradition going here:0)
Bring it on.
HENRY

itchywheels said:
Greetings
I own a R1200GS but I'm Jewish can i attend. Are all GS meetings like this ? If so I'm selling it !! now i know why BMW riders get a hard time.
Yours disillusioned Gary
:confused: :confused: I don't see any problems at all. I wouldn't expect to get into a lamborghini meeting in my Volvo. I'm confused especially bringing religion into it.:confused:

Re: Cogs and Lisa

Henry Mawson said:
Hello there,
So when are you sailing? ......HENRY

OUTWARD JOURNEY:
Harwich-Hoek v. Holland
Date: 25/03/05
LATEST check-in Time: 09:40
Departure time: 10:40
Arrival time: 15:20
Ship: Stena Discovery HSS

return is at 1600 on the 28th and gets into Harwich for 1850...

That way we should make the Chinese in Leicester before 2200 (essential post-rally nosh)

Costing £147 but that is for two of us, one GS and fast boat both ways.

Booked via a.ferry.co.uk

painless booking

Cogs n Lisa

Holland bound (that's if we survive hypothermia @ T'Dragon!!

I sent you all this by email H?? Tell me I did???

Easter meeting

Dear friends, if any of you have any questions please email me because I don't check here often. So far we have a massive 137 entries, with new ones coming in daily.

Max Schenker wrote:
I shall be coming from the UK on my GS and bringing with me 3 friends (on 3 bikes.)...... I realise that it is officially a GS rally, but do you think anybody will mind if my friends come on Japanese sports bikes?

Yes, we do mind!
I'll explain this one more time: You can only come if you bring your GS. You can take your girlfriend, wife, boyfriend or husband with you no matter what bike he or she has. You can't bring random friends along on any other bikes than a GS.

These are the people I have on my list:

Gary Brentnall
Simon McCarthy
Georgie McCarthy
Keving Robey
Chris Holland
Henry Mawson
Kirsten Mawson
Martin Brentnall
Nigel Allison
Ian Underwood
Lisa Booth
Richard Palya
Peter Harris
Robert Padgett
Dave Reynolds
Val Reynolds
Vytautas Gerdziunas & wife
Ian McNlly
Norman Brookes
Judith Brookes
Bob Mann
Dennis Thomson
Ian Brown
Trevor Brown
Trevor Downing
David Luck
Phil Gunn
Casey Thomas
Bianca Thomas

If you're going to attend the meeting, and you are not on this list,
please drop me a line!
lucas@lucasvanderveen.demon.nl
www.bmwgsclub.nl

with kind regards,

Lucas

Lucas,

Please could you put two more names down. Myself and Custard Tart would like to come. Have E-mailed you.

Kind regards

Polarbear & Custard Tart

aka: Ian & Lynne Manns

not wishing to gloat:) (too much anyway ;) ) we have just booked 2 tickets on the fast ferry Harwich to Hook MCN 30% off offer and been charged £76 per bike and rider. Hope this helps anyone else going.

Product: Motorcycle News Offer
OUTWARD JOURNEY:
Harwich-Hoek v. Holland
Date: 25/03/05
LATEST check-in Time: 09:40
Departure time: 10:40
Arrival time: 15:20
Number of adults: 1
Vehicle: Motorcycle

HOMEWARD JOURNEY:
Hoek v. Holland-Harwich
Date: 28/03/05
LATEST check-in Time: 15:00
Departure time: 16:00
Arrival time: 18:50
Number of adults: 1
Vehicle: Motorcycle

Total price: £76

is there anyone from Ireland Going to Holland

Just a quick note to see if there is anyone from Ireland going to Holland for the Easter GS meeting

Thanks

Phil

Which route do you intend to take Phil from England to Holland.

Route from Ireland to BMW GS in Holland

at the moment if we get 3 of us to share the van it will cost 200 euro each ( if we take the bikes only it would be about 280 euro each ) and the route would be from Rosslare to Fishguard and drive across Wales and England to harwich ferry stena at 10am on Friday morning and from what I can gather it is ony 80 miles from the hook of Holland to the campsite

Regards

gunner

If you take that route and times you should meet up with quite a few of us at Harwich. See you there. Thinking about it its going to be a long night for you chaps.

trip to holland

you can say that again we normaly leave cork about 5pm to get ferry from Rosslare and arrive in Fishguard aboutt 0130 am and drive tru the night to be in harwich about 9.00 if you want any gear carried from harwich look out for a yellow Citroen relay van

Gunner

Wow

Wow. I did not realised so many of you would attend the Dutch meeting.

As a Dutch GS-forum member I have seen the list, but now you see the enthousiasm too!
Looking forward to meeting you there!

@ Mike Werner: Any chance to meet you too? (ps can't pm or mail you on this forum ?!?)

Back
Top Bottom