Report from chez Toad

shugie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I could only make it for last night, had to leave after breakfast this morning to do important domestic deeds so I can go shooting tomorrow.

Thanks to Toad (and crew) for what must have been herculean efforts in the cheesedome preparing some very tasty grub; the beef last night was as good as some I've had in expensive restaurants.

catering.jpg

Bill-H had his tea/coffee and other drinks establishment in his camper van awning, seen here to the right of Proff's cider tanker. Lovely smell of real coffee this morning, a great shame I can't drink coffee any more.

chateau%20shug.jpg

The view from, more or less, the other direction, showing my humble abode, and the medieval 'ridge and furrow' pattern in the camping field. Probably a challenge if the place ever gets really busy, but there was lots of flat space around the edge.

firewood.jpg

It's a lovely site, gentle rolling hills on both sides, an old mill building in traditional local stone, and they allow open fires, although this is, I think, Toad's fire pit contraption.

Which does prevent scorch marks like this next to one of the several tipis that appeared.

tipi.jpg

Sunset and some very fetching fairy lights.

furry%20lights.jpg

It was very quiet last night, apart from the odd snore or three.

Back
Top Bottom