Russ's Tyres Portsmouth Closing

Pukmeister

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Popped in to see Russ for a new rear Tourance after the bike passed its first MOT today. Surprised to find the place almost empty of stock and get the news that due to the recession and a recent lack of cash flow, Russ is shutting up shop at close of business today. Didn't get the tyre done as he didn't have any left, he hopes this is a temporary 'bump in the road' and he hopes to relocate and start trading again at a new venue soon, so I'm in no rush to replace the rear tyre until he's up and trading again.

He says he will still be available on his old mobile business number.

Support your local tyre fitter (or watch them go bust).:(

He only did mine the other week !!

What a bloody shame, but will make sure that I keep his old number as he is a diamond !

Sad news indeed I wish him well. However there is an alturnative local small dealer in Portsmouth, Steve Vernon motorcycles 351 - 353 Copnor road PO3 5EQ. Steve is a very helpfull guy and can carrie out MOT's.

www.vernonmotorcycles.co.uk

Russ is working at Horndean tyres, I'm getting a rear Michelin pilot for my 1150GS @ £99.75.

Shame he went under, as you say, he is a lovely bloke, I used him for a few years.

His mobile No. is 07950974124, don't think he'll mind this being public, as it's still on show outside of his old premises, and if it helps him in any way, then good.

Popped in to see Russ for a new rear Tourance after the bike passed its first MOT today. Surprised to find the place almost empty of stock and get the news that due to the recession and a recent lack of cash flow, Russ is shutting up shop at close of business today. Didn't get the tyre done as he didn't have any left, he hopes this is a temporary 'bump in the road' and he hopes to relocate and start trading again at a new venue soon, so I'm in no rush to replace the rear tyre until he's up and trading again.

He says he will still be available on his old mobile business number.

Support your local tyre fitter (or watch them go bust).:(

gutted, still i suppose one tyre a year from me does not a living make!!

Holy Thread Revival!

Just so you know, Russ is still there and fitting my new tyres tomorrow ...

All that time, and you didn’t update the thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Russ’s Tyres NOT CLOSED

Maybe helpful to update the thread name.

Top Man Russ
Alive and well trading in Claybank Road Pompey
Helped me out with a rear tyre fitment just prior to the Dent Weekend

Back
Top Bottom