2012 Royal British Legion Iron Butt 1000 - Are you tough enough? June 22-24.

Soon be here chaps....prep is complete and I'm rather looking forward to the whole thing....as long as the weather is good.......:bow

Couldn't make the ace today but i shall be off up the A1 on Friday from approx midday onwards might see some of you on the way.
The old Panzer is purring like a well fed Tomcat.

Hi guys not too far. I'm heading up midday on the Friday and going up the A1. Happy to meet people at South Mimms Services and head up if anyone is game.

Hi guys not too far. I'm heading up midday on the Friday and going up the A1. Happy to meet people at South Mimms Services and head up if anyone is game.

I'll let you if I'm up for the trip north, just as soon as I've sorted out a couple of other bits of business.

Anyone done their fuel stops for North clockwise yet? I'm thinking of just getting my log signed at Birch and then filling up at 177 miles in Dumfrieshire and then it is 191 miles to Ft. William. I'm riding a 2010 GS DOHC and will be only carrying a top box. Assuming worst case 45mpg that is 197 miles. I'm gonna carry a 3L fuel can which is 30 miles extra I reckon in case I'm wrong. I'm assuming I can get 47mpg which is 206 miles and should be within range with some extra. Am I cutting it too close? Thoughts?

I'll probably get my log signed at Birch, and Donovan & I will buy a packet of mints...I think it's 320 miles to Fort William, so we will fill up somewhere near Dumfries, then onto Willers.....:D

Well the day is nearly upon us. It looks like the weather will truly suck which will make the stories even more interesting. I've packed my rubber ducky. I've PM'd my mobile to those who can receive messages. I plan to at Squires shortly after 6pm and leave shortly after the briefing to ready for a 5AM start. Good luck to all and have a safe ride.

I'll be at the briefing too....Donovan & I are looking at an early departure on the Sat morning too.......

Enjoy the ride chaps despite the shite weather that we are expecting, and be safe....:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom