North Wales : May 2005 Anyone interested?

Guys and Gals,
Did I miss the date for this somewhere in the thread?
Could you state / restate please?
Thanks

Laurence Boland said:
Guys and Gals,
Did I miss the date for this somewhere in the thread?
Could you state / restate please?
Thanks

Attachments

• duh.jpg
    duh.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 273
"live and learn"....
Thanks, hope to get there!
I pass through Llangollen on my way to other parts from Holyhead and I always regarded it as a bit of a "God's waiting room" so it will be fun to see it in another light!
LB

Llangollen Weekend

I would be very interested in this weekend as a new GS-er but out of interest has anyone concidered camping?
This is generally a lot cheaper then B&B and great fun too.

Re: Of course..

rocks said:
Certainly fred.. all are welcome.. its open to all.. and all are welcome. I am sure there will be a couple of non gs or F650 riders along in the end...
count me in, let me have more details as you get em.

Quiet in here?????????

Is this event a go-er or what?

Cogs

Rocks

Wanna drop me a mail about the dirt runs. If I'm to plan them I'll need a bit of time (to go and check access). And the Welsh Rally of Discovery is the weekend before so I'd like to get the planning done well ahead of the event.

As it's your party, now about setting up a poll asking about people's requirements - road run, rough run, full dirt run?

Simon
sorebums at yahoo.co.uk

Re: Re: Quiet in here?????????

Paul G (BHT) said:
The Hand Hotel have 50+ confirmed bookings to date :thumb

Glad to hear it.

But not a whisper since 4th November?

I've heard of 'putting an issue to bed', but.....?

Booked way back but was not asked to part with a deposit. Anyone else know when these need paying?????

ANDY MELTON said:
Booked way back but was not asked to part with a deposit. Anyone else know when these need paying?????

I booked the hotel only last week.. 6 bodies (3 rooms).. They took a deposit of £36 from me and forwarded a receipt.. ;)

They told me that they'd got odd 50 confirmed bookings too!!

Corwen ford

Hi Rocks

Just had a jaunt around a lot of North Wales yesterday (mind, it would have been a lot better if it wasn't for sodding Brunstrom, our neurotic Chief Constable) and instead of the usual Corwen-A5-Bala for the first time I went via Cynwyd. What a lovely detour, I'll be going that way from now on.

So I was intrigued to read about Corwen Ford in your letter around last October- sorry I don't seem to be able to bring it up while writing this response so I can't give any more details. Would you mind telling me where it is, exactly?

Cofion

John

PS ever come to Llyn??

Llangollen Camping

Getting a bit worried as it has been months since i put my name forward to camp on this run and was told i would be contacted nearer the time when deposit reqd.
I have heard nothing!!
Is it still on ?
Do i still have a booking?
Do i need to pay a deposit?
Who to?

Help...Please.

Martin:confused:

martin , as far as i know there is no need for a deposit for the campsite the site is pretty big so i shouldnt even think you need to book , not camping my self (just coming down for the day) but why not ring the site to check ?

:beerjug: mike

john , the corwen ford you refer to is a left turn at the traffic lights junction of A5 / A494 (Ruthin road ) its a single track road , go to the right of the farm and carry on till you get to the dirt track , its then straight on :eek:

can i come and spectate please ;)

:beerjug: mike

Llangollen Weekend

Is anyone travelling to the gig on Saturday Morning or Friday evening and passing anywhere near Tenbury Wells, Leominster, Hereford, Ludlow areas that i could join up with to make the ride there more interesting?

Martin

Hopefully I'll be able to come along to this do.

Is someone still organising a ford tour? This sort of thing is a lot easier if you have a ford database and a mapping program like MapSource. If whoever is doing it would like a hand I'd be happy to help, just drop me a message.

If you want the ford database see the sticky thread in the GPS forum.

Getting wet..

Hi Guys,
I had to hand over the organising to Charlie.. ( what was left..lol..) and he has done it proud from the looks..

However i would love to try a ford run, but i know some of the fords in northwales are not bike friendly at all, but others are ok by all account.

One of my quests this summer is to try to way point all of them on the GPS, in northwales and snowdonia and as far as cheshire.

Probably be a long running project..

John

Mouse said:
Hopefully I'll be able to come along to this do.

Is someone still organising a ford tour? This sort of thing is a lot easier if you have a ford database and a mapping program like MapSource. If whoever is doing it would like a hand I'd be happy to help, just drop me a message.

If you want the ford database see the sticky thread in the GPS forum.

Mouse....Yep, I've got the fords around there organised and a possible route planned.....just waiting on hearing if Charlie wants me to go ahead.

As hasd been mentionmed (and I posted some pics) some of them around there are a bit serious and it may be a knobbly only ride.......but I'll have more info out on that if it's all go.

Charlie......over to you...want me to sort it??

Bill

Is this doable for the day? if I leave Kingston @ 5am to head to Llangollen, assuming it takes me 3-4hrs to get there, will there still be much to do? having TKC80's fitted to my GS650 a few days before and might look to test them here.

Back
Top Bottom