Servicing at Chester

Surely someone at Chester must read these comments.

I know that there are folk at BMW Customer Service who do - yet nothing seems to get sorted there.

I've had 6 bikes from Chester, never had an issue. Warranty work has been done without any problems, thinking to the RT fiasco and 2 engines it had, and the R Nine T with the loose sump bolts, they pushed at BMW for me and I got a new engine. Paul's been my salesman, nice bloke and always helped me out. Gary Dawber is the parts guy, he's always helped me out by finding part numbers and posting stuff out for me if needed and the time I had communications issues (they had a service manager called Chris who was just shite at returning calls) a quick mail to the principle, Chris Baines sorted it all out.

For me, they've beaten Williams on every deal I've looked at, and I'm happy to go back.

That said, Kenny isn't dreaming, so maybe a mail to Gary the parts manager or Chris Baines may sort things out and get someone a kick up the arse.

How do you get a part from BMW Chester - :D
I went yesterday and they were shut..silly me:blast, hey I'm not perfect, I ride an airhead:steptoe.
So, 'phoned parts dept. at 11.00am and was told computer was down..fair enough, took all my details etc and said they'd call me back !:bounce1 So almost three hours later I call again, put on hold for about three minutes or more then 'phone cut off :(! Hey, it happens. So called back and 'phone lifted up and placed down again...easily done I you drop the 'phone; so called back again, same thing happened... hmmmmmm. Left it a short while, (had a quick frustrated pace up and down :eh) called again and spoke to a nice lady on reception and asked her to put me through to stores but please not to cut me off :) ( three hours now just to order a rubber seal ). She came back to the 'phone and said Harry was with a customer...I'll get him to 'phone you back :rolleyes:.....so typing this 40 minutes later after being ignored by H :surrender!!
Cannot even order via an email address ( unless I want to book a service or a test-ride :nenau )
So how do you order parts from a main dealer...FIVE telephone attempts and waiting ( still ) three hours :banghead:???? Means I will now have to order via BMW Preston :eek: ( or wherever ) and pay damned postage :tears all for a rubber petrol cap sealing ring ( hey, I even gave them the part number 16111453910 on my first call !:thumb2 ) £15 from Europe :eek:
Bet Mr H finally calls me when I 'm out taking the dog out for a walk ( poor mutt has his legs crossed waiting for that return 'phone call ) and I'll miss the call !!:blast
Us airhead owners are treated like lepers :D

Chester Motorrad, are well worth a miss.I contacted BMW about the mess they created for me. BMW said,":augie".

Purchesed a 4month old gs off them couple of years ago , spent a bit more than I intended but good deal everything was fine , good service and friendly natured.
Purchased the bike and was told I could pick it up a week later so applied to get Nav 5 and inner bags on finance (paid cash for the bike 13K)
1 week later picked up the bike but when asked about Nav 5 and bags told the bloke who dealt with finance off till end of following week.
2 weeks later rang then back finance not yet sorted .
3 weeks later nipped into Williams Manchester asked about finance , no problem do it now get approved within minutes but offered good deal for cash so purchased.
5 weeks after picking up bike , chester rang your finance agreed pick up when you like , not impressed when told no longer need them
approved for a mortgage quicker than £800 finance off them how come it took so long , no response

Well I'd love to deal with Chester and have had probably six Harleys and GSs from there. - and I live about 7 miles away - so they are the obvious dealer to use.

But, like many others, I've moved to dealing with Williams Manchester.

A bit of a pain to get to but just so much more helpful and responsive.

Very interesting, bought a bike through them last year. Managed to get my local dealer to arrange it all, mighty confusing but was beneficial to me (finance involved etc)

When I went all the way there to pick it up I got some very odd looks. Almost like I should of been there (I am sub 30's) maybe they didn't think I could afford one.

Anyway took ages just to speak to someone and say I'm picking on up and you guys have to do nothing. They eventually warmed up to me and got it done. Fortunately they had some nice Harley's down stairs to ogle at whilst they got their shit together !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am only 15mins from them but that's why I do a 3 hour round trip to get my servicing done by someone else who knows what they are doing and values my business !!
Enough said :rolleyes:

I am only 15mins from them but that's why I do a 3 hour round trip to get my servicing done by someone else who knows what they are doing and values my business !!
Enough said :rolleyes:

I'm about 30mins. from them but, as you do, i use Williams for anything i want BMW wise. If i want parts or accessories i ring and speak to them (usually Levi but, they are all good)
And they will get the article in and post it to me free of charge even after having given a discount on whatever i have ordered, brilliant service :thumb2

I have tried to deal with Chester on a few occasions in the past and every time they have failed to give me anything like good service so, never again
which is a shame as they are so much closer.

I’m still waiting for call backs on my 2 attempts to book in for fork recall.What if my forks fall off?

Well I bought a GSA from them earlier this year, after saying that I wouldn't ever again.

Steve and Paul were great in Sales and the service guys seemed much better - but I'll know for sure soon as 6,000 miles service coming up.

Only gone back because I live near Frodsham and it is so easy to get there. No issues whatsoever with Williams Manchester.

Back
Top Bottom