Exmoor Explorer Off Road

is your bike sorted?how has the weather been down there?all the lanes around my way are flooded:mad:.mud glorious mud:blast

Yeah all sorted and going to pick it up this morning. Burnt out starter solenoid apparently so nothing too expensive :thumb2

The weather has been horrible with some really heavy rain for the last week or so. I may get out on Tuesday for a quick look, hopefully they won't be too bad, I can only think of one that maybe a bit of a mud pit but that ones flat from start to finish. I still have to ride one on the saturday route, I know its a go'er as its on the Exmoor Clouds route but never done it myself.

is your bike sorted?how has the weather been down there?all the lanes around my way are flooded:mad:.mud glorious mud:blast

You still worrying about the mud? Could be worse at least we are traveling there in true tosser style (on four wheels)

Anyway just approach it the same ad last time we went out in lots of mud and fall off.......

Makes my day more fun.

Please note: You'll have to have enough fuel on board for at least 40 miles when leaving the campsite on Saturday morning.

Sid
Trying to pm you about next weekend, can you contact me Please.

Sorry, just got back from week in Jersey. Ferries cancelled regularly on outward and return trips. Spent 15 hours on ferry last Wednesday. Finally got back home this afternoon. Sea very rough. Will catch up with things in the morning.

Is the green roads ride still happening. :nenau

If so, what time is the start? Ride distance / mileage and eta back to camp?

Is the green roads ride still happening. :nenau

If so, what time is the start? Ride distance / mileage and eta back to camp?

Yeah nothings changed.

Leave around 10 - 1030.
About 80 - 90 miles.
15 - 20 lanes.
Ford / stream / river crossings levels permiting.
Back around 4ish.

Given the weather over the last week it's very much a case of ... lets go for a nice day out, steady pace, lots of stops, nice lunch and take each track as we find it. Yes we might find some are a no-go but hey thats no big deal.

Sunday shorter unplanned ride with around the same number of tracks that we will be all trying for the first time together.

Yeah nothings changed.

Leave around 10 - 1030.
About 80 - 90 miles.
15 - 20 lanes.
Ford / stream / river crossings levels permiting.
Back around 4ish.

Given the weather over the last week it's very much a case of ... lets go for a nice day out, steady pace, lots of stops, nice lunch and take each track as we find it. Yes we might find some are a no-go but hey thats no big deal.

Sunday shorter unplanned ride with around the same number of tracks that we will be all trying for the first time together.

Thanks for the update. :thumb2

Is anyone still going off-road on a BIG bike, or only trailies now? I had planned to (1200GS), but not sure it's such a good idea in all this sh1t!

Is anyone still going off-road on a BIG bike, or only trailies now? I had planned to (1200GS), but not sure it's such a good idea in all this sh1t!

I'll be there on my R1100GS on part worn TKC80s. Your 1200 will be fine if you have TKC80s or similar.

Back
Top Bottom