Wapping's Wanders 2012 - Four days - Dijon/Cote d'Or/Beaune -1 June - 5 June 2012

Home safe at 20.15 if a tad damp, many thanks to Richard for organizing a entertaining and enjoyable weekend with some fine company.:clap

"Calais" "Boulogne" Easy to get them babies mixed up....

I wonder if either of them are home yet....no names, no pack drill...Paintman, you should no better!!!!

Boulogne ? Sorry no time for sightseeing, it was a little secret short cut that shaved 15 Min's off the journey and put us on an earlier train.;)

John.

Boulogne ? Sorry no time for sightseeing, it was a little secret short cut that shaved 15 Min's off the journey and put us on an earlier train.;)

John.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see photographic evidence of that....

A fun Wander, I thought. My thanks to all who came along to ride some of the great roads on the eastern side of central France. My particular thanks to Terry and Andy - who both came a long way before even hitting the train at Folkestone - Terry from the west Midlands and Andy from lands beyond the reaches of my shandy drinking southerner's maps.

The four-day format, with a reasonably early 09:00 start each day seemed to work OK, with the 08:30 start on the last day getting us to the train in good order without busting a gut. Starting the first full day off in France certainly helped, enabling us to avoid any motorways and still get to our second night's hotel in reasonably good shape after a 270 mile day. I hope that starting off in France helps those Wanderers like Andy and Terry who have a fair old schlep to make just to get to the south east coast, too.

My thanks too to all and everyone for mucking in with leader and tail-end-Charlie duties. We certainly kept up a good pace throughout the jaunt, which makes things so much easier and fun for everyone.

I have tidied up the track log, correcting a handful of small glitches in what was over a thousand miles of French riding. I will post the final-final version in this thread in case anyone ever wants to recreate it. The hotels were fine I thought, though anyone who might want to use them may well be advised to book ahead as all three were FULL when we used them. That being said, there is plenty of choice in the region, so a bit of mix'n'match would should enable anyone with a larger group (we had six rooms) to find suitable accommodation in one of the larger towns or even in Dijon itself.

Richard

John.

I'd like to see photographic evidence of that....[/QUOTE]

Dear oh dear as someone who refers to himself as J.C. I cant help but wonder if you have a deficiency in your skill set, surely doubting the word of a fellow wanderer is not very "Christian"

Anyway here you go, an earlier train.

IMG_0582.jpg

Its the unexpected minor detours in life that make it interesting...... thats my excuse an im sticking with it :augie

thanks again guys for you company over the weekend :beerjug:

No major incidents and everyone got from A to B and home again in one piece which is always a +

Thanks again to Richard for sorting everything out and making this trip headache and hassle free :bow

Terry reporting in

Arrived back safe 'n' sound at 8.30 last night, slightly wet & tired after a long day in the saddle, would I do it again? You Bet:thumb2

Thanks to Richard for organizing a great few days and to the lads for making it so enjoyable:clap

Richard if you don't mind doing the planning, then I don't mind doing the travelling

Here's to the next one:beerjug:

P.S Nice one for blagging an earlier train, one can learn quite a bit on these trips! ;)

Cheers to you all

Here we go a few little reminders of our weekend, haven't got time for a full ride report (busy packing for this http://www.dirtbike-action.co.uk/index.php/events/index/312/the-rock-oil-k2-rally-910-june-2012)

Six Tossers assemble and prepare to board.
002.jpg

First night in a cheesy hotel.
Dijon2012028.jpg

During Sat night a thunder storm broke and come 9 AM it was still raining the locals considered coming with us then decided the pond might be less wet.;)
Dijon2012024.jpg

The dam at Le Luc was doing a brisk trade.
021.jpg

Wapping spares no expense in feeding the troops.
016.jpg

012.jpg

Monday brought more clement weather.
Dijon2012037.jpg

Shove off you lot this is what I wanted to take a snap of.
Dijon2012038.jpg

Later in the day we got held up behind an acquaintance of mine and Richards on his pedestrian KTM smt Mr Bull later apologized for slowing us down and treated everyone to an evening out.:augie
023.jpg

The perp responsible for all this fun.
Dijon2012039.jpg

Looks like a good trip fellas.....Does anyone have any recommendations of hotel to stay in Dijon by any chance? We're off to Italy (Misano MotoGP in September) and will be stopping there on the way back.

:)

If you want something safe and simple, right in the middle of the city, the Ibis (with its access to the underground car park) is as good a tip as any, I guess.

Dijon is still being dug up to put the tram system in, or at least was a month ago.

If you want something a bit less uniform, Google Logis hotels and pick one.

Back
Top Bottom