General info - please take a gander

Joybringer

Reaction score
The level of interest has really surprised me, and I hope I can live up to expectations!

I thought I'd place a general information note here, and apologise if I've duplicated some aspects.

The purpose of the trip is to enjoy some good riding in some good company in one of the most beautiful places I've seen.

I'm suggesting a maximum period between 23 June and 8 July. This will flex between those dates over the next few days as I fine-tune the routes there and back - the rideouts in the Dolomites probably won't change from my viewpoint, but if anyone wants to create their own, or laze in the jacuzzi all day, is fine by me.

I'll suggest and offer some routes based on personal knowledge, recommendations, and research, and where I can, I'll incorporate your suggestions for waypoints, hotels, dogging spots, whatever - but please don't be disappointed if I can't get them all in. There should be ample time in the Dolomites to re-ride a pass or three, or go hiking or kayaking, or whatever, if you don't want to follow the rideout routes I've suggested.

It's not a follow-me type trip, but I'm happy to take the lead, but would appreciate handing it over to someone else from time to time, as I'm just as likely to sit on the edge of a Dolomite taking pictures for an hour, as I am at touching down metal when the conditions permit. All I'd ask is that we all make an effort to meet up at the end of the day and enjoy a small libation and tapas or whatever takes your fancy.

I'll book the accommodation, and providing there's no cost to me, I won't need any deposits unless I have to pay anything up-front. If I do, I'll make it clear and give you enough notice etc. Single rooms generally tend to be rare and in short supply, so it may be that double rooms have to be included at the expected inflated cost - I'll do what I can to keep it to a minimum.

Travel to and from mainland Europe is a personal thing - I like the idea of an early start when landed, so maybe an overnight ferry crossing is key? I'll start a thread about that in due course.

I don't have huge amounts of time to work on this during the week, but I will do all I can when I can, at least to get the initial routes and accommodation sorted. That said, I'm sure some of the details will change in terms of specific routes and/or rideouts, but my intention is to make sure everyone has the most up to date gps files well in time before the off. I assume everyone has a Garmin of some description?

Anyhow, I think that's about it.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom