Motorola Defy plus

Motorola Defy+ using CoPilot Live

Hi guys,

Has anyone used a Motorola defy or defy plus for satnav on a gs?

Cheers

May be a tad late with this reply but yes... I am useing a Defy+ with a recently purchased CoPilot live app (UK, ROI, Euro) £35 :)

Im still in the testing phase at the moment but it seems to work excellently, far better than my wifes Garmin Nuvi she has for the car. I tried many free / cheaper sat nav apps but none really did want i wanted. CoPilot does all and more. Directions are clear through my bluetooth headset and now i can use just the one device for gps, music and tel calls.

It finds destinations a multitude of ways so makes this process qvery simple. The route suggestion has alternatives based on your personal choices but it also lets you drag the route line to go via any points on the map...this is a huge benefit over any other sat nav apps i tried, non had this feature.

I needed the ability to pre plot routes and load onto the sat nav and CoPilot does this very well. After installing the partner software CoPilot Central, this allows map downloads via PC rather than the app itself (much quicker) and also allows the transfer of .kml files to your phone. You can now plot your route using Google Earth or Google Maps, download a .kml file from either and tranfer to the phone using CP Central...easy!

I have an 8gb card in my Defy and all maps are installed and have suffered no lagg times for sat nav redraw etc etc.

I do not have any personal association with either Motorola or CoPilot but as a cheaper alternative to bluetooth enabled, euro mapping, waterproof sat navs that cost a fortune, the Defy / CoPilot combo for a fraction of the price seems to be a massive winner.

I recommend you give them a go, hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom