Let's get started. An early Wander 17-18 March

Wapping

Reaction score
SATURDAY 17 - SUNDAY 18 MARCH

The days are getting longer and what's more they are an hour longer in France, as they are not influenced by the Jocks.... So let's get going.....

Providing it is not stupid degrees below or snowing, I propose a two day jaunt, going over on a reasonably early train on Saturday*, coming back on a late afternoon / early evening train on Sunday, say at about 18:30.

I hope to stay in a private Logis hotel in Argoules, http://www.hotel-argoules.com I haven't stayed there before but I want to try it anyway, so it's as good a chance as any.

Where to go? I suggest the well tried loop around to Cassel, then a route of some sort down to Argoules. On Sunday, maybe Argoules, across to Peronne for lunch, then a reasonably long run back to the coast. Let's guess at 350 miles over the two days, with probably the longer part on Sunday depending on what I cobble together.

I would be happy (subject to room availability) to take six to eight bikes, pillions welcome.

It's not going to be a race, though we may have to keep half an eye on the time on Sunday. That being said, if it is lashing down there are quicker ways back from Peronne and indeed down to Argoules.

Everyone will get a Garmin GPS route and we'll use the marker system.

Suitable for? Anyone who can ride a motorcycle (I don't give two figs if it's GS or not) with a half decent sense of humour and house trained. Just have in mind that it may well not be that warm and it may be wet.

Anyone interested please ping it up here. I would particularly like to know if you would like a double room or if singles would be happy to share. This would make the hotel booking much easier.

Richard

*Depending on what happens on the Friday before we go, I MAY stay in Folkstone the evening before.

I am already over the water that weekend Richard ( encore ) from Thursday until Monday but have a good wander :thumb2

Yes please.

Sorry to be a pain, but I snore like a feckin' barst - single room please!

Two singles requested, both now gone. Providing the hotel says, yes to my booking in the first place.

Hello Richard,
As the places seem to rather fill up quite quickly on your rides. Provisionally, can I put myself and Pauline down.
Will confirm later this AM.

Thanks
dxtans

The hotel has confirmed our provisional booking, so all systems go on that front.

Wapping
Bakerlonglegs (single)
Dxtans & Pauline (double)

Train times

I have booked my tickets.

Out: Saturday 17 March - departing 07:50

Back: Sunday 18 March - departing 17:50

Rooms booked:

Single, Bakerlonglegs

Single, Spider (from another site)

Double, dxtans

Twin, Wapping and ChasMill

=====

I have a double and a twin spare, so far.

Open invite

Hi Wapping
Can I provisionally book a single, either room or bed? Just need to check my work roster tomorrow then I will confirm.
Regards
Mike J

Hi Richard,

Just found out I can make this weekend if there is spare spot.Single or sharing what ever is easiest.
Cheers Kevin :thumb

Great stuff.

Hi KevB and Mike j, if you are happy to share a twin room, I can probably slot you both in. This assumes you can make it Mike, which I hope you can.

Give me 'til Monday evening, please. I want to contact the hotel to see what combinations of rooms they can do, which is probably easiest over the phone.

Back
Top Bottom