A bike for "in" the back of me car

MickDB1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hey up
I have a C Max and was contemplating removing the rear seats and taking a little off tarmac bike in the back to S Spain
If I removed the front wheel and maybe the back what would be the biggest or best bike for the job. Like has anyone done this and what problems did you find
I was thinking of a TW or serrow or maybe a Dr250 maybe a little twin shock trials bike
I aint no whiz kid or weight lifter so I aint after a Ktoom 990 or a monkey bike
I think I saw a post once of someone making a very small front wheel to roll a bike into a van - Hope it gets you thinking :thumb2
What duz you lot think please :thumb2

I used to sling my Ossa 250 Enduro in the back of mum's Renault 5 and head for the hills :D

That's a good un
I aint been on one of them for yonks

Gets rid of the "learner bike prices" as well
Thanks Johnny and next recommendation would be ( preferably you may have one for sale as well please)

What a great site this can be :clap :clap :clap

That's a good un
I aint been on one of them for yonks

Gets rid of the "learner bike prices" as well
Thanks Johnny and next recommendation would be ( preferably you may have one for sale as well please)

What a great site this can be :clap :clap :clap

TLR200 - It'll do when you want to 'downsize' and ride something lighter/easier on the UK trails, no button though - but easy to start with auto decomp

Great 'pony-trekker':thumb

Gets rid of the "learner bike prices" as well...

Don't kid yourself...... the TLR200 is a twinshocker, and none of them are cheap nowadays.

As for the OP, Basil on advrider has transported a Serow250 in a car, I'm sure he just removed the front wheel once the back end of the bike was rolled into the car.

What about just using a Cooper spec-carrier?

Got a fabulous trailer got a great off tarmac bike = but its too big an outfit
I was thinking for the future = Travel light travel easy - I even was dreaming last night of building an electric pushy/trailbike - I did have too much to drink last night, but some of my/our best ideas are after alcohol
I have had a serrow for a couple of days its definitely a great lighter bike easy maintenance
and simple = all yer need, besides the time to plod - I do think Off tarmac riders travel a tadge too quick and miss what its all about sometimes - But thats easy for me to say I have more time to do it - being an older person:rob
I will have to lift it so bear in mind I dont want to look like that famous picture of the Paratrooper with the "corgi" = find that picture if yer can
Thanks for the great ideas up to now :clap

If you want to stick with taking a trail bike then a Gas Gas Pampera at 90kg must be one of the lightest out there.
Runs on premix though which is a bit of a pain in the bottom and tank range around 90 miles which isn't great.
Mind you tank range on a twin shock trials bike can't be very good.

Consider an inflatable wheelbarrow wheel - Machine mart
Smaller?, then look in Screwfix for their inflatable trolley wheels.
Either wheels have bearings or are composite.
Then just a decent bit of bar for the axle, tapped with a couple of nuts should suffice.

Tops £25.00 spent.

....... or even easier, swap your car for a van.

And why not, we use a van instead of a car for everyday transport.

As I'm sure lots of folk do.

Well modern vans are fantastic to drive; to the point of why bother having a car? T5 / Vito / Traffic etc. I have a motorhome based on a 160BHP automatic Mercedes Sprinter which is great to drive.

I will have to lift it so bear in mind I dont want to look like that famous picture of the Paratrooper with the "corgi" = find that picture if yer can
Thanks for the great ideas up to now :clap

Your wish is my command Mick :thumb2
Here you go, some early adventure bike riders >>

Attachments

• welbike2.jpg
    welbike2.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 334
  • Welbikes-whizzing-around.jpg
    Welbikes-whizzing-around.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 326
Mountain bike!

Oddly, I have a newly refurbed one which is as they say, "Just the job!"

Only kiddin'

XT225 is the one my mate...

You could put it on a towbar carrier.

;)

Oddly, I have a newly refurbed one which is as they say, "Just the job!"

Only kiddin'

XT225 is the one my mate...

You could put it on a towbar carrier.

;)

Nope you cant pal, the rating in my towbar ball is less than 100kg, as is most cars
you get yer bike washed off as Iremoved 1kg of salt and mud off mine after yesterdays jolly :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom