Ride Out, saturday lunch and other stuff.

Pauly S

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This year we have Woodsie of the parish leading the ride out, giving Joe a rest, and by jove he needs it.
I'm informed the ride should be suitable for pillions and there is also a 12" deep bike bath thrown in which is easily ride round-able.
If you are to arrive for the ride out on saturday please note the kick off time.
It should depart the camp site around 10am ish and Knowing kev there will be a nice pub lunch found on the way round , in time for a return to site at around 5pm ish
This will give you time to change into your penguin suits and ballgowns for the saturday night cordon bleu curry,followed by lashings of beer.

Ditchi and i will be on site all day saturday (i being the sous chef, and ditch being the boss) and we will be prepping your dinner for the evening meal.

Friday evening bar be que will be cooked around 7.30 pm ish allowing for latecomers.

Saturday morning brekky will be ready from about 9 am enabling you to have brekky and get ready for the kent tour.

Sunday brekky will be a bit later at around 9.30 ish

Air rifle shooting will take place on saturday afternoon ish, you are welcome to bring your own rifles and guns but leave the 12 bores and the live ammo rifles at home please.
If any of the riders wish to stay on site during the day you will be made very welcome.
I should be there from around 2 pm on friday afternoon, where at least 4 chaps will be needed for a spot of erection.
if you wish to come and self cater you can, if you want to get out that brand new bbq you can, if you want to have a wildlife bbq you can also.
Billy the fish( our resident cooker of all things wet, slippery and furry)will be down saturday night for a demo if you want one.
Other than that, have a nice time,dont get too mashed, keep to the speed limits,and any problems just find me.
see ya there.

:warrenrally

Ford

Hope this is 1200 proof!

I should be available to assist with the erection on Friday:D

Calling Joe and Woodsie

Is there going to be a mapsource file for the run?

Plus can I have the GPS CO-Ords for the site please.

Two weeks to go.:beerjug:

This should do it, Warren Farm,Fackenden Lane Sevenoaks kent,when you get on site follow the road cones.
Go up the big hill on fackenden lane from the a225, after exactly 0.75 miles you will see the farm on the right, the drive is before the house on the right,follow the gravel drive(an alarm will sound to announce your presence) keep following the road cones to the event.whatever you do just follow the road cones...

This should do it, Warren Farm,Fackenden Lane Sevenoaks kent,when you get on site follow the road cones.
Go up the big hill on fackenden lane from the a225, after exactly 0.75 miles you will see the farm on the right, the drive is before the house on the right,follow the gravel drive(an alarm will sound to announce your presence) keep following the road cones to the event.whatever you do just follow the road cones...

Ta:thumb

Is there going to be a mapsource file for the run?
Run is still being worked on.
Kevin (Woodsie) is the main man and I know he is having problems with his Garmin software. I on the other hand have a Tom Tom which is working fine ;)
We may be after a couple of tail enders with a satnav to bring up the rear but this will get looked at on the Saturday.

I hope this answers your question :augie

Kevin (Woodsie) is the main man and I know he is having problems with his Garmin software. I on the other hand have a Tom Tom which is working fine ;)
We may be after a couple of tail enders with a satnav to bring up the rear but this will get looked at on the Saturday.

I hope this answers your question :augie

I'm Woodsie's wing man, if you don't mind :D

Kevin (Woodsie) is the main man

Such responsibility:eek:

"Still being worked on" is subject to time available and there's not much of that about at the moment.

My current plan is to get the route in tyre so peeps can download to either tomtom or Garmin.

Fekin mapsource won't register but hopefully Garmin will help me sort it tomorrow when I call them again.

I hope the ride will tick some boxes.

Nice run through the Kentish countryside to the seaside. Very few main roads - no squaring off of the tyres! Some tight and twisty bits along country lanes. Some sweeping bends to open up along and clear the cobwebs

Nice pub who (if a bit on the expensive side) can cater for the potential numbers for food and space.

Run back to the site on the return leg.

I'll do a briefing before we set out to let everyone know what to expect:thumb2:thumb2

See you there

Routes for Saturday ride out - there and back

Right - here we go.

Can't post in mapsource - in fact can do naff all with mapsource - but don't get me going:mad::mad:

So I've got them in Tyre format but they are too large to post.

If you want them pm me with your email address and I'll send them across the ether:thumb

Can Garmin's bluetooth across the route to each other. TomTom can.
I have the route on my TT so will pass it onto anybody with a TT at the camp.

All I can say is...................................

Can Garmin's bluetooth across the route to each other. TomTom can.
I have the route on my TT so will pass it onto anybody with a TT at the camp.

.............................if my Garmin had bluetooth (I don't think it does:nenau)..............that wouldn't work either:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Right - here we go.

Can't post in mapsource - in fact can do naff all with mapsource - but don't get me going:mad::mad:

So I've got them in Tyre format but they are too large to post.

If you want them pm me with your email address and I'll send them across the ether:thumb

Hi Woodsie,

Can you send me the route in Garmin / GPX format?

I'll PM you my e-mail.

Cheers, :thumb2

Richard.

Sorted - BaseCamp did it no probs. :D

I had to update BaseCamp first and then download your route, unzip the file, import to BaseCamp and just simple "Drag & Drop" from BaseCamp to my device (Zumo 550).

Simples........ :aidan :thumb

Mapsource.......... Old hat :hide :green gri :augie

Thanks again for the route Kev. :clap :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom