My thoughts on the 800 Tiger

I like GS's plenty, had them for 15 yrs plus, still commute to work on a 57 plate 1200, and they are no turkey in terms of road handling.

I think the Tiger 800 XCA is a better ride, build quality looks better engine and gearbox are excellent ( gearbox on the WC I find unacceptably clunky esp 1st ) and its comfortable 'out of the crate'.

Rides nothing like the XRT ( engine and gearbox apart ).

I honestly can't fault anything about it and not for want of trying. Superb engine and gearbox, handles really well, feels much lighter than it is and really easy to balance at super slow crawls in traffic.

Cant say the same of any GS I've ridden.

All new 900 out shortly

My thoughts on the Tiger 800

Just read back an old post I put up on here about a rusty not very old Tiger in Guildford suggesting it was looking very rusty for a new ish bike........ so then I go and do the unsensible thing and go and buy one after parting with my S10.

I am at the honeymoon stage at the moment and have done a total of 350 miles on it so far, and not withstanding the really boring running in I have to say I DO like it, a lot.

Good points.

It's not heavy.

Its very revvy.

It doesnt vibrate so much that I have to get off it after an hour.

I love the cruise control.

I love the heated seats (yes front and back), 'er indoors loves the heated seat.

It's bloody good on fuel, currently showing an average since new of 58.9 MPG,but i think that will decrease when it is eventually run in.

I like the TFT cluster and all the info it displays but really don't need ALL the displayed info.

I like the fog/driving lights.

Handles quite well too.

What DONT I like.

Filling it up is a bit slow which is minor i suppose in the grand scheme of things.

The screen when set on full height allows me to ride visor up, even though I know its probably not a GOOD IDEA.....

It seems to follow imperfections in the road and feels slightly like its wandering. I have heard that this can be caused by over tight head bearings, but having had it checked by Triumph apparently it isn't. if anyone does know what might cause it please do let me know as it is the only thing I can think of that's spoiling a REALLY good bike that i enjoy taking out (SO FAR!!!!) and getting some quite comfortable miles on.

Attachments

• IMG_06141.jpg
    IMG_06141.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_06161.jpg
    IMG_06161.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_06171.jpg
    IMG_06171.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 199
Triumph Oxford :thumb

Yes if you mean Abingdon. Its going back soon for the following:
crash bars top and bottom, after the very large amount of damage I have witnessed after a small drop on a brand new one (obviously not mine, I only tend to write off brand new 1200's from C*NTstormers BMW, and have them chase me endlessly for months even though Its an accident that's not my fault and witnessed by 2 paramedics and a police officer who happened to be in the wrong (OR right) place at the time.) luckily I forget easily, er ho hum... Where was i..ah yes I remember now... Also having a tracker fitted and the MYTRIUMPH bluetooth module which will shortly be released.

Cant wait.......

Yep, that's right Mark … Triumph Oxford is the sister company of Premier Bikes at Wootton near Abingdon

Top bunch of blokes :thumb

Back
Top Bottom