Bookings now open

Crapaud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
OK, bookings now open.:)

I wanted to get the holiday for the disabled group out of the way and get various other things sorted first but I know realise that we are only 6 weeks away from the event so time to get things in gear.

Firstly, if you don't know what the whole weekend is about then please look under Past Events. Basically, it is a workshop weekend for airhead shaft drive twins. As well as BMWs up to 1995 we also cater for Guzzi and Urals etc. Anything else by special arrangement, basically its held at my house so its under my rules, if you don't like it, then tough luck!

Anyone and everyone interested in Airheads is welcome, without exception. I know there have been various handbag virtual fights over the year on this forum, but ALL are welcome.:) Parking available for wobblyboxes with electric hook-ups and plenty of parking for cars/vans/trailers etc

It is primarily a workshop weekend where we all help each other to carry out various tasks on the bikes. It is NOT a "free service for my Airhead" weekend, you are expected to muck in and learn with help from the resident experts.

I am very lucky to have a well equiped worshop with most tools and facilities needed. We are close to James Sherlock who can supply new and second hand parts for Airheads. If you order and pay for your bits from James then I will collect everything just before the event and have it all here ready for you to fit.

Secondly, it is a SOCIAL weekend, with good ales (local Devon cider and real ales) together with excellent food (all quality local produce to produce the finest fare) and lots of talking bollox.:D NB the workshop work is completed and put away before we turn to the social side.

You are welcome to turn up as early as you like providing you let me know. Every year seems to start earlier and I'm happy with that.:)

Costs.
As some of you will be aware, we had issues last year with many, many people who said they were coming and then cancelled at last minute:( I fully accept that there will always be genuine reasons for last minute changes but equally I can't afford to subsidise the losses. It was also not fair on those who didn't come thinking we were sold out.

Breakfasts will again be £5 per head. For this you will get a FULL English breakfast with as much cholesterol as your arteries can withstand. Local bacon, sausages made by my butcher with real meat, free range eggs etc. I GUARANTEE it will be a 5* breakfast. With notice, we will be able to offer the full breakfast on Friday morning as well as Sat and Sun.

Dinners will be only £6 per head. On the Friday night, this will be the traditional curries and on the Saturday night the luxury BBQ with top quality meats from my butcher.

New for this year, I have to introduce a cover charge of £5 per person per night. This is to cover:
- camping in the field.
- toilet facilities in both the stables and the house.
- bathroom and large double power shower in the house
- full use of all workshop facilities including use of all equipment such as ramps, compressors and comphrehensive range of tools.
-tea and coffeee all weekend in the workshop/kitchen.

Hopefully, you will all be happy with this and it will still represent the best value event on the GS calendar.

I am happy to offer my house/workshop etc open to all and I can confirm that I do not make a single penny from this event. Every penny of surplus funds is donated to the local charity group that take disabled people on holiday. Please see other thread about The Charity. Our resident chef, Sumprat, has confirmed that he will again be available chained to the cooker all weekend

Honesty bar. We will again operate the Gentlemens Trust system whereby the beer/cider is paid for on a honesty basis either as-you-go or by recording it in a book and settling it at the end. We will again source local beers and ciders and sell for just above cost.:D

And there will NOT be a fecking "lose the will to live" raffle.:D Instead we will have an informal "bring and buy" table where you can put anything and ask for either money to you or money in the charity box.

Workshop jobs.
This year we will be much more organised on workshop time. I will have a white board with each ramp and details of work is needed on each bike.

I think that covers most things.

So in summary:
- Breakfasts @ £5 per morning
- Dinners @ £6 per head
- Site charge/camping/workshop a@ £5 per person per night

Please let me know on this thread if you are coming and you can pay funds to me via Paypal at:

horman [at] waffapool [dot] fsnet [dot] co [dot] uk
without any spaces.

Any questions?

Count me and JustStan in Sid:thumb2
May be down Thurs but certainly Fri

Can I book the top bunk in the pool room please. :D

I'll sort the paypal out when I get back to the UK. :thumb2

Hi Sid. Will defo be there this year!!:thumb

Funds will be sent this evening :thumb2

Can I book the top bunk in the pool room please. :D

I'll sort the paypal out when I get back to the UK. :thumb2

Good point. I knew I must have forgot something, bunkhouse/sleeping choices.:blast

There are four beds available in the games room, two singles and a bunkbed. Top bunk is now taken by Paul as he is only small and light so unlike most fat old tossers he can easily spring up to the top bunk.:D

That leaves three other decent single beds although we can make room for another two pull-out mattress beds if needed. I think we also chucked another mattress over the pool table in the past as well. I try not to micro manage the event and prefer to leave people to sort themselves out. I have enough to do all weekend without tucking people in at night.:D

The bunkhouse is usually reserved for the more senior gentlemen who find camping a bit of an ordeal either due to bad backs or advancing years.:rob

Also may have my Hymer four berth motorhome available but it might be away having the engine repaired.

There are a few futon sofa beds in the corner of the workshop which can also be used on a first-come-first-served basis ie fall-down-drunk-and-wake-up-next-morning basis.

Plenty of room for camping on back lawn and separate area around other side for the heavy duty snorers. If you want to, you can make camp in the woods alongside the deer, badgers and foxes.:)

Any other questions, just ask.:)

Please put Jill and I (+ Bella the whipett too) down for a space in the sand school for the wobbly box please Sid.

We'll hopfully have have both Airheads with us, as long as I can suss out how to tie Jills across the 'A' frame of the latest trailer :augie Got the things comming out my ears at the moment. Just bought another two this week :blast

Val.

I'm coming this year! I'll arrive Saturday morning and leave Sunday early afternoon. I can bring up my harmonizer if anyone would like to try it out! Nothing on the bike needs doing... that I know of... but would be keen to help/watch all other work going on.

Will paypall now!

Hi Sid,

Yes please :thumb Will dig out the tent and forward the funds on later this evening.

Look forward to seeing you all again.

Benjamin :beerjug:

Hi Sid, £32 of your english pounds sent as a gift payment :thumb (Wifeys paypal account :D).

I hope to be coming, just waiting for Dave , ( who couldn't make last year ) to confirm, and I'll then get some money off to you Sid.
Probably arrive Fri late afternoon, and leave Sun afternoon ......

Can smell the bacon cooking already !

Many thanks to those who have booked in.:thumb2

Please post on here as I'm not hot on Paypal and not always sure who the email address and UKGSer username relate to.

I'm away in the morning (Saturday) to Wales for long weekend and then a week in Jersey until Sunday 29th.

Thanks for support.:thumb2

Sid
Count me in for a camping space will send funds tomorrow

Cheers
Eddie

Sid's do

Please count me in too! I'm Roger Chatterton's mate who's guilty of not turning up last year because I got a blackthorn through my foot which needed to be surgically extracted! So on the offchance that you'll have me this year I'll Paypal some funds over to you.
Many thanks,
Dave Schofield (Bumblebee and PD Classic)

Hi Sid,

Subject: Airhead Weekend-PW Cymru
Note: Hi Sid, £32 for Aihead weekend. Regards Paul
Funding Type: Instant Bank Transfer
Payment Method: £32.00 GBP

Sid, Hope there is room for one more. Can't come down on my BumbleBee till Saturday morning and will camp(room in the TeePee Eddie?).

I'll do PayPal tomorrow. As I'll miss breakfast on Saturday,
I believe it'll be £21.

Back
Top Bottom